Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR
import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR
I have connected Alice NightOne with USB cable to my computer.

When I go to OSCAR:
 -> Oxymetry Wizard
      -> Import Directly from a recording device

it says: "scanning for compatible oxymeters", but then when it finishes: "could not detect any compatible oxymeters"

is the  Alice NightOne not compatible with OSCAR?
my OSCAR version is 1.5.1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR
Here is a list of compatible Oximeters:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Oximeters
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The short answer is, No, Alice is not compatible with OSCAR. The option you chose was written for the Contec oximeters. At the time this code was written, Contec was the only recording oximeter available to an end user. The direct import feature only worked with the Contec firmware that has long been superseded. This option is incompatible with the currently available Contec oximeters.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you. so which of the listed oxymeters are actually supported by OSCAR ?
I need to buy new oxymeter. I don't care which one.
I just need to be able to import int OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ones from Supplier #40 are great and popular. O2Ring is most convenient for some but not as versatile. I like the middle of the road option, the SleepU; and the CheckMe O2 is the larger battery, I think adds audible alarm. My dad was kept alive several times by his SleepU (two for constant wear) after a 2019 brain bleed in and transfer to a poor rehab; and 2 years after he passed at age 80 in 2022, the same devices are still serving my family well. I swear by them.
Post Reply Post Reply
so CheckMe O2 can be imported into OSCAR ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but not directly. You will need to use either ViHealth or O2 Insight Pro to download the oximeter's data, first.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
If you do a Google search for the following terms:

Quote:Philips respironics Alice NightOne usb software

One of the top results is from a website awaken2sleep-dot-com (I can't post links as new user, sorry), and there is a download link there that brings you to DropBox, and you can download a 2GB zip for the Sleepware G3 software from Philips. It all appears authentic, has folders for both Windows and Mac. I installed the Windows software to a virtual machine and no malware was detected, and I successfully imported a study (an acquisition) from the device.

Interestingly, for those who have the the skills and the time (I only have the former), when the device gets put into "acquisition" mode, it transitions the USB device profile from just a serial port to also include a removable drive. The studies can be grabbed from the removable drive folders, but I didn't inspect the file format to see if it's binary or something like JSON or XML (more likely binary, sadly).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble understanding how to import O2 ring info into Oscar katbrat 4 100 09-28-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  Export breath by breath data from oscar? lisaistired 0 60 09-27-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  How to get started with Oscar - analysis of data McMartin 0 86 09-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: McMartin
  Oscar only shoe summary data BlueSky1958 2 170 09-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 29 5,224 09-11-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Toolworker
  uploading data to oscar nachumj 5 329 09-11-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR SpO2Res 14 3,203 08-17-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: BetterWorld

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.