Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.5.0 released
RE: OSCAR v1.5.0 released
(09-06-2023, 04:28 AM)njf1525 Wrote: Windows 11. My laptop has a 2256 x 1504 resolution scaled at 150% and my external monitor is 3840 x 2160 also scaled at 150%.

Actually, my laptop screen is better for me at 175%
Minor problem with 1.5. When I import my wellue O2 data, version 1.5 does not "remember" where the O2 data is on my PC, it always defaults to the Oscar installation folder. Version 1.4 always remembered the data folder location...
I just confirmed larrykay's report in Windows. We need to test this on Mac and Linux, too.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
OSCAR no longer remembers the oximeter path on Linux, too.
-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Confirmed on macOS also.
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

As some others have posted, I am getting the message, "Unable to check for updates. Please try again later." Here is the debugging info that is returned with this request:

08717: Warning: QSslSocket::connectToHostEncrypted: TLS initialization failed
08723: Warning: Update Check Error: "TLS initialization failed"

Thanks for checking into this for me.
(09-12-2023, 03:19 PM)beamer22 Wrote: As some others have posted, I am getting the message, "Unable to check for updates. Please try again later." Here is the debugging info that is returned with this request:

08717: Warning: QSslSocket::connectToHostEncrypted: TLS initialization failed
08723: Warning: Update Check Error: "TLS initialization failed"

The issue occurred because we recently switched to SSL (HTTPS) on both ApneaBoard.com and SleepFiles.com and there are some TLS initialization issues that were not easily solved.  This is a known issue that the OSCAR team now has a workaround fix for-- but that fix won't be available to most folks until the next release (1.5.1?).

Until then, folks will have to manually check the official OSCAR download page to see if there's been a newer release.  No time-frame on when that minor release will be completed-  there's a few other fixes that will likely be included as well, and the OSCAR team is currently working on those.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Thank you for your response!

Brad
(09-01-2023, 05:50 PM)ranous Wrote: Kinda disappointed the mac version is still Intel only.  Is it really that hard to compile a Apple Silicon version and make a universal binary?

Actually there should be no problem running the Intel version on a M1 Mac.
I actually lost a few years of data (2017-2022) - but I also had no urge to actually read the data during that time.

I was using SleepyHead back then and I just recently found this OSCAR branch of it tried it and all fine.

But actually I have joined this forum (or joined back, could be I had an account earlier) to offer contribution to the OSCAR project. I am a software developer dedicated to macOS and iOS and I was even trying to prepare an iOS app that adds the data from the devices into HealthKit. At the end the issue was with my S9, that it was not possible to get the data from the SD-Card into the iPhone with problems - I was even in discussion with an ResMed engineer I met during WWDC.

So I can contribute to the project on macOS side. I think right now, the biggest issue to build a universal binary is the Qt framework, which in that version off-the-shelf is Intel only. It would be required to build the Qt framework from sources for ARM and then try it with a ARM version of the app.

Eg, I see an real benefit for users owning an Apple Watch. Apple Watch can record sleep phases and when combined with the respiration data it could give more insight. But well, Qt and iOS plus communication with C/APAP devices can be challenging. But could be a good project to get attention from Apple Health engineers (as mentioned, they showed interest during WWDC).
When I try to import the data from my Wellvue O2 ring, OSCAR v1.50 immediately shuts down with no error messages. Has this happened with anyone else? Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 496 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 8,139 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.4.0 is released GuyScharf 76 17,216 08-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 8,442 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 5,780 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.