Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning
One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning
I have my original ResMed (20 years) Swift FX with auto pressure. It is one of the older models with the one piece water chamber which cannot be opened. I am not the best at regularly cleaning my unit, (only once or twice a year ??) so after awhile it builds up a fairly impenetrable sludge (some call it pink mold but mine is clear) on the inside of the chamber. I have tried numerous times to clean it with warm soap and water, vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide, but nothing seems to remove it efficiently and effectively if at all, because of the inaccessibility of a majority of the interior of the chamber due to the small openings and awkward angles creating numerous difficult areas to reach.

I finally had an epiphany the last time I was struggling and brought out my teeth cleaning water jet machine (Waterpik or similar brand).  The standard angled, small diameter cleaning tip was perfect for aiming the high pressure water stream to access every nook and cranny and blast the sludge completely out in just a few effortless minutes! You can use it with warm water and hydrogen peroxide or vinegar for a better clean.

This has revolutionized my cleaning regimen now, and I hope this suggested method will help others struggling to clean their water chambers.?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed airsense 11 water tank super7pilot 7 233 10-20-2024, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Discombobulated
  Oscar is a piece of evidence in an ongoing trial HalfAsleep 1 140 10-19-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed P10 weekly cleaning soaking time panzer 5 303 10-13-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: panzer
  I cannot stand cleaning this thing SleepyAF 8 385 09-30-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed 11 Water Chamber cyburns1 10 1,784 09-26-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [Equipment] How frequently to you do a deep mask cleaning? seepapnyc 9 420 09-15-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,983 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.