Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes?
Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes?
I've been using CPAP for about 12 weeks now and sleeping through the night for about 6 weeks now.  I've been slowly increasing my minimum pressure to get closer to my average of 10.4 when I had a wider range of min/max of 8-12.  The last week or so I've been at 10.4 minimum and have noticed that Oscar is not flagging events with a 0.0 AHI.  Good news I suppose but looking at my flow rate there are clearly events happening but I don't know what they are. I've included snippets of the events and Oscar screenshots from the last two nights.

Are these snippets Cheyne Stokes and Apneas that just aren't being flagged?  If so, could anyone recommend settings changes to reduce these events?  

Appreciate any and all advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes?
I am in the same boat but with an AirSense 11. There are a lot of events that the machine is not flagging, mainly (from my limited knowledge) due to the events not being long enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes?
First, your title suggests that OSCAR's reporting is false. However, it just reports the events the instrument provides. 

The "events" you marked are none-evnts. They do not reach the event's time-span threshold. These minor disturbances in your betting are probably associated with position changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 7 304 09-12-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. Preparedinho 39 1,782 09-10-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  epr and cheynes stokes Gailofiowa 3 182 09-09-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Coberson75 3 196 09-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Coberson75
  central apneas after treatment none before jquintero 17 524 09-02-2024, 05:41 AM
  Question about missing data in middle of night addeuce 7 373 08-28-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Preventing positional apneas, flat pillow or not? Newcpaper 7 292 08-27-2024, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.