Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Looking for some guidance
Looking for some guidance
was wondering if someone could check this out and give me some ideas. I'm currently battling a leak issue(not on this night).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for some guidance
I would set your minimum pressure to at least 9cm,  as you are averaging a little more that anyway.  Put your maximum pressure to perhaps 14cm. Also your flow rates are too high, full time EPR can help with that I would start with the EPR set at 2, if that helps try 3.

Search for flow limits on this site for more info...
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for reaching out. I have tinkered with the EPR in the past and felt worse. Would increasing the minimum pressure and eliminating the ramp help that situation? I'm also dealing with some serious leaks (not shown in this screenshot).
Post Reply Post Reply
        this is last nights nightmare. Ive been on cpap for 19 years and never had numbers like this
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on CPAP since 2000 and over the years I have had nights like that, way too many of them.  

Your leaks are bad on your last chart for sure.  I would jack the minimum pressure up to ten, shut off the ramp and see how you do, obviously it isn't going to help with the leaks.   Have you ever tried just running in CPAP mode?  That is what I use, although I also use full time EPR set at 3, to control my flow limits, anyway that is what works for me.  In CPAP mode you don't have all the up and down pressure fluctuations like you do in APAP.   Just get your min pressure up high enough to stop the vast majority of your Obstructive Apneas and you should be good to go.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I will gladly take your suggestion!! Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
made some changes... still having issues

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think that you may be having some Positional Apnea in your last chart. Caused by chin tucking, sleeping on your back or any position that causes your airway to close.  Imagine folding over a garden hose to shut the water off, same situation.  The only way I could stop my positional apnea was to sleep on my side.  Search the forum for more information.  

Did you have CA's in your sleep test?  Also, what were your original pressure settings?  

Try these settings for another night or two and try changing your sleep position and see what happens.  

Good Luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep test in 05' was RDI 55. No central apnea. Most were supine. My settings were CPAP at 8. I've used an APAP for 16-18 years with little issues. I am 21 pounds heavier ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 40 3,093 09-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: croc
  Starting Treatment Guidance needed jamesm1976 3 207 08-15-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 74 4,311 07-28-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: apneavolt
  [CPAP] Looking for some guidance, new user trouble passing 1 or 2hr mark at night CpapNewbFern 16 630 06-11-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: CpapNewbFern
  New user needs some guidance kaboom26 3 298 06-07-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: ischua
  64 year old male looking for guidance with adaptation to CPAP wvdthree 7 466 05-27-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] UARS With BiPAP - Looking for Some Guidance Sleepy541 6 958 05-10-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Sleepy541

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.