Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma)
Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma)
Hi, I've been using Oscar for a few months now.  I have a Lowenstein Prisma Smartmax (and a Wellue Pulse Oximeter)

I uploaded my latest data today, it's been a few weeks at least since I last did it (sorry, I can't remember exactly when I last updated)

I noticed that my historical compliance was not showing as 100%.   This is not correct. I've used my CPAP all night, every night, since I got it back in April 2023.    I'm not sure if these figures have always been wrong, I noticed it immediately today and I'm sure I would have noticed before if it said anything other than 100%.

I loaded my card data on to PrismaTS (which I used before Oscar, and which I also update every time I upload data into Oscar).

This shows 100% compliance.

I've attached a screenshot showing both.

Is there something I can do do refresh/fix this, please?

I don'talways wear myWellue ring, and I was wondering if this might somehow got incorporated into the results.

Thank you for your help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar - past ompliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma)
What version of OSCAR are you using? The current version is 1.5.1. If you are not using that version, I would update to it in case this was an error and has been corrected.

Please advise if you still see this anomaly if you need to upgrade.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply.  I used the "check for updates" option and it said I was running the latest version

OSCAR 1.5.1+master-dd495e23
Post Reply Post Reply
Good!  There are a couple of more things to try. First, let's try this. Go to Data > Rebuild CPAP Data > Your CPAPSerialNumber and select it.  After the rebuild, see if it is still the same.  

If you still are having problems, let's do a search for the bad days. Go to your Daily screen, select the Search tab.  Now, select the Match button and select Daily Duration. The default is any day less than 4 hours.  Select the Start button and see how many days report back.  Verify these days for problems.

If you are still experiencing incorrect data, please make a zip copy of your CPAP SD data card.  To perform this, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of CPAP data card .  Please add your username here to the file name, and upload it to this URL for review:
Dropbox Upload Link

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will do that shortly and report back
Post Reply Post Reply
The latest versionants of OSCAR breaks compliance into its parts.
Software has defined compliance as the percent of days used over 4.0 hours.
Other software defines compliance as the percent of over 4.0 over the total period of time.
Maybe the time frames are different.

In any case, compliance is an very important issue for OSCAR.
Can you please send a copy of your sdcard as in post 4.
Thanks for your post on this issue.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again
OK, I've tried rebuilding, it didn't make any difference.

The search showed a lot of days with non compliance.

I thought my Wellue data might be causing an issue, so I deleted all pulse oximetry data (Data>Advanced>Purge All Device data>Pulse Oximetry (not sure what the last bit was, now it's gone I can't see the option anymore)),  I then rebuilt the data again.   No difference.

Purging the pulse oximetry data helped me see quite clearly that I have a whole chunk of days missing, 22nd December to 26th January.  The data is not missing when I view my data on PrismaTs.

I'll create a zip of my CPAP SD card data and upload it, as requested, probably tomorrow.

I'm also going to try installing Oscar on another PC and uploading my data, to see if I get the same problem.

I'll be back tomorrow with an update

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In your Prisma TS software config, you will see compliance grouping and also a day limit for import data. This will mean 14 days for your machine I think. Your card will only have 14 days data from last use. Could this be your issue?

I export from Prisma TS every 14 days and save the files. This way I can import detailed signal data at anytime back into prisma, oscar or sleephq.

The software indicates the days with data by the little graph buttons over each day.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma)
Thank you for the information Yes, that may well be the issue. I'm very erratic with when I download my data from the card, I didn't realise it mattered.

I'm waiting to borrow another laptop to try my card, and I will look at my settings in the meantime
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Löwenstein-Prisma sd card increase days k.mooijman 4 734 10-11-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Glen Moray
  Need to show 90 day usage for dot compliance vangasman 2 251 09-24-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: vangasman
  FAA compliance report. CO4545 7 1,703 09-06-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: 5leepy4ead
  Oscar software compliance report KingT45 0 247 08-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: KingT45
  Can OSCAR be used for DOT Compliance ichris2 1 367 07-12-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Prisma 20A Moose Mann 3 613 05-06-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Moose Mann
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 611 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.