Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxymeter report
Oxymeter report
Hello everyone,
For some time, I feel tired when I wake up. I often want to go back to bed. However, I have a healthy lifestyle overall and I sleep at least 7:30.
I have a doctor's appointment in 3 months.

I recorded the last two nights with an oximeter. How about the scores? Does it sound like apnea? Or other?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxymeter report
I would say your results look very good!    I do have moderate OSA, and my oximeter radings - before using a CPAP - were going below 80% a lot of the night, and as low as 70% on a really bad night.

I could also have as many as 120 drops in SPO2 - also on a bad night.

FWIW I have been on a CPAP for nearly 7 weeks, and my blood oxygen levels are much better, mostly above 90%,  and on a good night over  95% for a good part of the night.  However, I do still feel fairly tired some days.  But then, I am a sedentary old man of 73!!
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the answer.

Quote:I would say your results look very good!

You mean it doesn't sound like sleep apnea?

This report of the last night is more complete :    
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2023, 05:29 AM)Bad532 Wrote: You mean it doesn't sound like sleep apnea

This report of the last night is more complete :

Based on my personal experience,I would say almost definitely not.     Have you looked online for symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea?

Have you done an Epworth Sleepiness questionair?   Some Sleep Clinics  won't even want to test you further, without seeing your Epworth score...   

https://www.esht.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploa...-Scale.pdf
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Have you looked online for symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea?

Yes, that's exactly why I posted here. I sometimes have a headache when I wake up, it's hard to wake up, I'm irritated...

Quote: Have you done an Epworth Sleepiness questionair?   Some Sleep Clinics  won't even want to test you further, without seeing your Epworth score...  

My doctor made me one. And I see another one in a few months.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even with my CPAP machine, I would be very happy if my SPO2 levels were as good as yours!!

Before I got a CPAP - very different from yours - and I only have 'mild' apnea....

[Image: 5pGTAzR.png]

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I see the difference on the graphs.
What I don't understand is that all day I struggled not to go back to bed, I felt weak and nauseous (although my numbers look good).
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm posting yesterday's report.
I slept from 10:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. The device was however removed during the night, the report is not complete.
I really feel out of shape.
I feel like I have a high PR score?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said - it doesn't really look like apnea - at least not the sort I suffer from (I guess I ought to say "used to suffer from" - I've been using a cpap machine for a few days and things are looking up) - where my SPO2 would drop as low as 70% and my pulse to 48 bpm. While an athlete would probably not mind that low a pulse, for a man of 71 it is concerning (slow circulation and low oxygen content are not a good mix).

You haven't told us your age but with your very low heart rate I expect you are quite young. Have you had your blood pressure checked?

For comparison I attach a snapshot of a night sometime last month, the little black triangles are events where my phone woke me up - SPO2 had dropped below 85% ...

Cheers

Leifur

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
All of your levels seem fine. But O2 level is not a way to find out about apnea. You need a sleep study to reside
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 85 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Help with OSCAR Report from Loewenstein Prisma Smart crunchy92 3 234 08-23-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question beetee 11 365 08-23-2024, 12:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with Oscar Report Helpah11 3 248 08-07-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Unusual sleep report figures Bacchus 1 222 05-29-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Oscar CSV Report Abreviations BB37 0 208 05-22-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: BB37
  Could Someone Please Help Read My Oscar Report? Navarachi 2 262 05-14-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Navarachi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.