Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed
3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed
I've recorded a bunch of nights on an SD card and imported into OSCAR. I took my sleep apnea test through lofta because it was afforable, but the downside is I'm on my own when it comes to the settings (they just suggest 4-20). I've been trying to adjust numbers as I go, but that was probably foolish to think I could figure that out... My results have been mixed and I'm usually still very tired in the morning, and I worry about the oxygen saturation reading I get from my apple watch. I have a resmed 11 and there are way more options to set besides justs the min and max level

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, and if this isn't useful data please let me know and I can get better data posted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed
Sorry I think I forgot the daily summary attachment

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome.  Your min is to low.  I would make min 8 and see how that does.  You have quite a few centrals.  Did your sleep study have any central apnea?  If you can put up your sleep study with your personal info blacked out so we can see where you started out.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2024, 08:32 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Welcome.  Your min is to low.  I would make min 8 and see how that does.  You have quite a few centrals.  Did your sleep study have any central apnea?  If you can put up your sleep study with your personal info blacked out so we can see where you started out.

I don't think I have a ton of data for the sleep test, it was an at home through lofta.

Obstructive Sleep Apnea (G47.33) - Moderate based on pAHI=23.0, pRDI=29.1 and O2 nadir of 83% 

The diagnosis called out obstructive sleep apnea and hypersomnia.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went through a bunch of my past days and the majority of the events are always the open airway events…

Is this common? Could the resmed be falsely categorizing these events? These events occur when my brain just decides to stop breathing even though my airways are clear? I had no idea that was happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is from our WIKI articles.  I don't know if it will answer all your questions but it does give an introduction to treatment emergent central apnea.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...tral_Apnea
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What you described, ". . . my brain just decides to stop breathing" is a type of CA event.  CAs can be caused two different ways.  One is from a CO2 washout, thus causing the need to breathe to diminish until enough CO2 has built back up to cause you to resume, and are called "clear".  The second is what you described, where the brain "forgets" to initiate a breath.  These are usually referred to as "centrals".  Since both breathing events present with the same outward characteristic, determining a central from a clear type requires either an EEG or Polysomnography (PSG) machine.  Your CPAP does not have that capability to differentiate between the two types of CAs.  That leaves with either an obstructed or clear airway.  That is why we call them CAs and OAs.

If you feel that you are experiencing central events, I would recommend that you contact your doctor.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My understandign now, Without a more thorough sleep study I can’t know whether it is treatment-induced or central.

Are there settings I should tweak to try to bring down treatment-induced open airway events? That wiki mentions the EPR being a possible cause, and I’ve always had EPR on and at various levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try min 8 last night?  Was it better for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
After three months you don't need ramp anymore. Turn it off as you get no therapy during ramp. This will help.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 0 39 8 hours ago
Last Post: Shannon80
  Second opinion on sleep study results? Trimochio 2 115 Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Last Post: winterwaveforms
  2.5 months into using CPAP, looking for possible adjustment recconendations. macaronno336 22 652 Yesterday, 11:29 AM
Last Post: macaronno336
  Aerophagia - Gassy - 5+ months now apneavolt 2 158 10-14-2024, 09:43 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  [Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue SleepyinCincy 9 231 10-13-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl memoryNada786 6 236 10-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  Help with OSCAR Results malaise 5 145 10-12-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.