Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New cpap user and guessing at machine settings
RE: New cpap user and guessing at machine settings
Keep in mind it was an at-home study, so not as detailed as an in-lab. The CA’s may not be true centrals with the brain not sending the proper signals to breathe. I do agree with Dave that an in-lab test would be warranted, but before getting too far ahead or worried let’s see how things play out. 

I think it is more likely these are not true centrals and more related to your using the device whilst awake due to your insomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply

Last night i tried the first of your suggested settings, it was a rough night.  My AHI climbed and it was hard to sleep.  I should probably try this setting for several nights to see if i get used to it.  What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your choice if you continue with it. If you really want to see if it's a good setting, you will need to go a few nights.

Myself with that negative effect possibly would be going to another setting. But it's your therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

So here is results from setting 2.  Lots of leaks so I don't know how useful the data are.  But, the AHI is lower, and i feel more rested today.  I think I will continue with this setting for a few nights and see what happens.  What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
Despite the occasional leaks, it seems to be headed the right direction. Especially since you're gaining more rest. Maybe stay with this another session.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP user looking for optimization advice rococo.orchid 6 203 09-04-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 2 128 09-04-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 623 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] New CPAP user trying to understand what Im doing crentiist 4 171 09-01-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: crentiist
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 152 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] New CPAP user; O2 levels still low auzzied 10 423 08-29-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 275,915 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.