Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Fisher and Paykel Solo
Fisher and Paykel Solo
Just a quick review of the new F&P Solo mask.  I have been waiting for this mask to come out due to the unique headgear.  I hate it when my headgear stretches and I need to adjust the strap. My current mask is the F&P Brevida.  I'm not sure why the Solo is only offered in the nasal cushion at this time?  If I had an option, I would have gotten the pillows.  Anyway, I got the Solo cradle mask with a medium cushion from my DME.  
Overall the fit and comfort of the mask is great.  My only gripe is the noise of the mask.  It is probably one of the loudest masks that I have used.  The exhalation ports are in a horrible area and if you are on your side or do anything to deflect the air when you are at your full pressure, I have found it will wake you up.  I tried a hack online, where I used a filter from my AirSense machine to try to defuse or muffle the air from the exhalation ports and it really didn't work.  Still woke up due to the rush of air.  If the pillows are ever offered I might give the mask a redo, but last night I switched back to my Brevida.  It is a much quieter mask.  My only gripe with the Brevida, is the swivel, and when the exhalation port end up in a down position, facing my body. 
For those you want to try the solo, I would recommend waiting until they release the pillows in the US.  
For now I am going to call my DME and switch back to the Brevida.  Hopefully they will let me trade the mask and cushions since I am within my 30 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher and Paykel Solo
Anyone have any comments on the solo pillow mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the guys at cpapsupplies, the pillows will be available this month. But I am not sure what state of rebuilding cpapsupplies are in since Helene ravaged the area here in NC.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a Solo pillow mask. I like my P10 and P30 pillows, but the Solo pillows are next level. They are very soft and comfortable with a new ergonomic design that is the most comfortable I have used. If you get a chance give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received the solo pillow cushion two days ago.  No leaks AHI 0.0.  Extremely comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Fisher-Paykel Oracle 2 Oral mask jds74 15 21,995 10-07-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: kakadyi
  [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel's Simplus FF Mask me50 36 42,939 03-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: PaulKTF
  [Product Review] Fisher Paykel Zest Nasal Mask MobileBasset 5 8,935 08-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Last Post: 49er
Thumbsup [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel Pilairo nasal pillow mask aussie_sleepy 6 15,258 12-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.