Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] MedCline Shoulder Relief Wedge and Body Pillow System
Money 
MedCline Shoulder Relief Wedge and Body Pillow System
Product rating from the perspective of functionality: [Image: 5.gif]
Product rating from the perspective of material quality: 3
Product rating from the perspective of price:  [Image: 1.gif]

For CN$ 646.43 on Amazon.ca, you can get a wedge pillow, an inserted small pillow, and a long, curved  body pillow.   
The product works as advertised. It is for side sleepers and relieves the pressure on the shoulder you sleep on. 
I liked it because it practically makes sleeping on your back impossible, so I selected it. Moreover, my obstructions decreased because of my elevated head position on the wedge. 

Unfortunately, turning from the right slide sleep to the left (or vice versa) is difficult because you need to rearrange the insert pillow and the body pillow, which can be complicated during the night. Also, your bottom arm/shoulder is locked in the wedge (to prevent you from turning), which is good, but then you want to stretch your arm out (perpendicular to your spine) to sleep comfortably. Hence, you need a wide bead.

Unfortunately, the pillow covers do not seem to survive too many washing cycles.

The filling foam is polyurethane. Although the manufacturer claims that it is medical grade, it is known from chemistry that polyurethane spontaneously degrades and releases harmful and toxic chemicals over time. Because of this, it is common knowledge that polyurethane mattresses are the lowest-grade ones. For instance, after the first night, I needed to change my pyjamas because the strong smell of polyurethane penetrated them. Nota Bene: there is no strict definition for the "medical grade belief. I believe it is primarily a sales pitch. 

Its volume is enormous, so you need a large suitcase to travel with it.       
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Hcore Contour Pillow ejbpesca 0 1,414 09-20-2023, 08:08 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] my pillow Joedozer 9 7,763 10-07-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Product Review] CPAPology Houdini CPAP Hose Support System Desiree 1 2,902 03-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Cpap626
  [Product Review] Buckwheat Pillow VS My Pillow Walla Walla 3 5,628 04-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: HD Fry
  [Product Review] Wedge Pillow / Body Pillow Beej 1 4,041 02-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Beej
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60 Galactus 4 4,898 12-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  [Product Review] The Contour CPAP Pillow [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 12,033 12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.