Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Severe Aerophagia
Gross 
Severe Aerophagia
Hello friends i have severe aerophagia that dont go away !! im 4 weeks in using the cpap im sleeping better thats true but this aerophagia is killing me and cannot perfrom anymore in my sport and work doesnt go verry well either ; i have a pressure setting of 7 and using epr on 3 , a wedge pillow and a cercival collar tie ( cannot tolerate a chin strap ) and still having this aerophagia thing , pls help me i uploaded a flow chart from the oscar app . did try also mouth tape but it did it worse ?

Also have a ffm but the result is same

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Severe Aerophagia
Your flow pattern starting at 04.07.00 might indicate palatal prolapse. Some experts on flow patterns might want to confirm or deny it. Try taping your mouth to ensure that it is not mouth breathing. 
If it is persistent during the night, you must address it because it prevents you from exhaling fully and can lead to aerophagia. If so, you should consider using a nasal stent. See the Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP—Therapy Thread 1 2 3 4 ). 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP - Aerophagia? LFS9000 5 124 3 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Bad Aerophagia - Help cyberfiche 4 288 09-22-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 7 377 09-20-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  My solution to aerophagia with CPAP manacles 7 332 09-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: croc
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 197 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  Fix aerophagia for cheap VINEDIGGER 9 574 08-30-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Jay Belmont
  Aerophagia while awake? donsburg 4 330 08-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.