Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Raising Head of Bed?
RE: Raising Head of Bed?
(11-29-2015, 11:35 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi linn,
I hope you get to feeling better soon, those infections are miserable.
Take it easy and drink plenty of water ang get plenty of rest if you can.

Thanks Trish :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Linn, very likely you can lower your pressure by raising the head of your bed. You really need data though. I have a family member who switched to a bed wedge (specific one recommended by physical therapist) and she hasn't snored since. She also must sleep on her back, so this was great!

I'll try the wedge myself once I get a new mattress. I 'inherited' this mattress from a family member who moved and I just can't sleep on my back with this rock. I'm saving to get either a soft sided mattress (waterbed) or a Sleep Number bed (the one that will adjust the head and foot of the bed).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2015, 11:10 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Linn, very likely you can lower your pressure by raising the head of your bed. You really need data though. I have a family member who switched to a bed wedge (specific one recommended by physical therapist) and she hasn't snored since. She also must sleep on her back, so this was great!

I'll try the wedge myself once I get a new mattress. I 'inherited' this mattress from a family member who moved and I just can't sleep on my back with this rock. I'm saving to get either a soft sided mattress (waterbed) or a Sleep Number bed (the one that will adjust the head and foot of the bed).

Thanks Smile I just finished my antibiotics, so I can focus now.

How does a side sleeper manage with a wedge? I'm not sure if I can sleep on my back.

I just downloaded Sleephead and I'm going to check it out. When my titration was 5-20 I slept like a baby. Now that I am on CPAP mode with a straight pressure of 7.6, I am not sleeping well at all.

I have swollen muscles in my neck and can't handle high pressures, so I will try to raise the bed.

I see the Dr. today, so I should get some info. I will be back to post the Sleephead data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Learning To Sleep With Tons Of Stuff On Your Head stevesleep 5 299 07-19-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Issues with dry mouth waking me up since raising pressure, can't find good solution jlpool 2 482 05-01-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: MoreBeers
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 896 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 586 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Pressure not raising during flow limitations Rebdr 2 497 10-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 616 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 1,034 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.