Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB
Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB
Found this on FB Marketplace and snapped it up for $350. How did I do?

Apparently grandpa bought it, tried on the mask once and refused to touch it again. Runtime of 0 hours. Looks and smells brand new.

I will be migrating from an AirSense 10 Auto but having lots of central events and I am hoping to reduce those. OSCAR screens below are from my AirSense 10.

What do you folks recommend for starting settings on the VAuto? I was planning on doing a factory reset and then using VAuto mode, Trigger high, TiMax around 2.5 or 2.7.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB
Wow!  Smile  That's an astonishingly low price for a 0-hour ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.  If you find it doesn't meet your needs you could easily sell it for a lot more than you paid for it.  

As to settings, others can advise you on those.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB and help with initial settings
(02-24-2024, 12:46 AM)Deborah K. Wrote: Wow!  Smile  That's an astonishingly low price for a 0-hour ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.  If you find it doesn't meet your needs you could easily sell it for a lot more than you paid for it.  

As to settings, others can advise you on those.

Thanks! Yeah that's pretty much what I thought when I saw it. Worth the trip to pick it up, and worst case I can resell it.

I am new to VAuto though and my doctor is not very helpful (wants me to switch to a fixed backup rate). And I am out of the country so I won't have access to English language assistance for a while.

Based on my APAP settings of 9-15cm I was thinking of starting at EPAP min 8, IPAP max 15, PS=4, VAuto mode. Just to collect some data and see how the charts look. I am hoping to get some more experienced opinions on that before I start.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just sent my Vauto with 24K hours to Advans CPAP Supplier #28 for refurbishing. It will get a new motor and the hours reset and come back clean. It's a $220 service. Anytime you can get a Vauto with reasonable hours for a good price, it's a great deal. Even if it has significant hours on it, it's probably worth refurbishing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
GrandCentral, I notice that you have a large number of Central Apneas in your Oscar report.  Did you have a lot of CAs in your sleep study?  Are you brand new to using a pap machine?  If you are new the CAs might be treatment-emergent and will likely go away or lessen a lot as you adjust to therapy.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're looking for settings, I'll suggest EPAP min 7.0, IPAP max 14.0, PS 3.0, Trigger sensitivity very-high for the centrals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Deborah K,

Yes, you and I discussed my centrals a couple of months ago on my post here. But here is the relevant bit from my sleep study:

Code:
PAP SUMMARY:
By Pressure:
PAP BUR O2 TST   %Sup SupAHI REM   RAHI CAI  AHI  ArIdx Nadir AvgSaO2
05  0   0  0.0m  0%   --     0.0m  --   --   --   --    --    --
07  0   0  29.5m 0%   --     0.0m  --   18.3 20.3 16.3  88%   94%
09  0   0  53.0m 37%  15.4   11.5m 5.2  7.9  7.9  19.2  90%   95%
11  0   0  81.5m 52%  26.8   9.5m  6.3  15.5 16.9 43.4  89%   95%
13  0   0  6.0m  33%  60.0   0.0m  --   30.0 50.0 90.0  90%   95%
15  0   0  49.0m 0%   --     0.5m  0.0  1.2  3.7  60.0  94%   96%

I get mostly centrals. I've been doing APAP for over a year and it works fairly well, most nights around 5 AHI. But there are periods of days or weeks where I get AHI numbers up into the teens or 20's. And I can feel it the next day when I have nights like those.

Sleeprider -- Yes I am, and I will give those a try and report back. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
GrandCentral -- FWIW, my CAs virtually disappeared when I switched from an AirSense 10 AutoSet to an AirCurve 10 VAuto with trigger set to very high, as Sleeprider suggests.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the VAuto and it is a step up so far. Here is a whole night chart and a zoom to the "most eventful" 30 minutes of the night.

I am surprised at how much more comfortable it is to breath with the VAuto compared to the AirSense 10/11 AutoSet (I own both). Why isn't this the default unit for everyone? LOL. Sleep was great with no arousals that I can remember.

My "most eventful" 30 minutes coincided with some leaks detected so those might be related. Maybe need to tighten my mask strap or something there. I am using an Airfit P10 and find it a good mask for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions for improvement on the new charts would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Apologies for thinking out loud, I am still trying to wrap my head around OSCAR data. But I will take a stab at interpreting my own charts.

It seems like:
  • Pressure range is about right, it maxed out around 12
  • Pressure increases preceded the CA events
  • Possible fix would be to increase PS from 3 to 4 to get higher IPAP pressures with lower EPAP pressures
  • Maybe lower TiMax a bit as well
Thanks for the help and encouragement AndyB, Deborah and Sleeprider. Please LMK what you think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 308 Yesterday, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
  How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto Josephkpc 14 420 09-25-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 12 1,101 09-24-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Newbie to OSCAR - why mask leakage rate is so high thanh.oz 1 125 09-22-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 375 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Leak Rate Questions in OCAR MrPsyduck 5 328 09-10-2024, 05:25 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 392 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.