Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please
Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please
Hello,

I would really appreciate any insights into how I can optimize my Aircurve 11 Bipap VAuto settings. I had a chin strap, neck collar and tried to side sleep last night but now my neck is killing me (kinked). I think I have to back sleep but this was mostly side.

I used a Vittera F&P size medium mask, it seemed to work. My septum is deviated and one nostril very clogged. I am not overweight, very fit, but notice my O2 drops when on my back and time to time. I wore an oximeter last night. can share that too.

overall I did rem but woke up at least twice during this less than 5 hours session. Thank you for any advice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please
Adding recent sleep study report

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Added oximeter reading from this Bipap session but note that the drops at the end of the session were after I removed the Bipap.
Post Reply Post Reply
How did you arrive at PS 6.0? That seems to be on the high side. I see a few arousals indicated by spikes in the flow rate, then followed by a cluster of CA. I don't think CA is a major problem here. With the understanding that titration is a trial and error for optimization, I'd like to see EPAP min 8.0 PS 5.0, Max IPAP 18 and Ti Max 2.5, trigger sensitivity on high. For some reason your OSCAR chart is not showing Ti Min, TiMax, Trigger or Cycle. Are you using the latest version 1.5.2?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response, Sleeprider. I picked PS 6 because I really didn't know what pressures would be best so I picked a wider range than the generally accepted 4, figuring I would narrow it down. I will try the 8 and 15 EPAP/IPAP and PS 5, Ti max 2.5 (what should I use as the min?)

My trigger and cycle were set to Medium, FYI. My version is You are running OSCAR 1.5.1+master-dd495e23 but I will update it shortly. I think my Ti Min was 1.3. 

Thanks again and any further advice is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is not minimum or maximum PS. Resmed delivers the PS setting all the time. Philips BiPAP machines used a range, but I didn't think it worked particularly well.  We recommend Resmed bilevel users start at PS 4.0 and change that only based on observed need. Over-ventilating with high PS from the start is not how it works. PS 4  is the "accepted" PS because it works best for most people, and we generally won't increase it or decrease it without first observing results.  To be honest, now that I know there was no process behind your use of PS 6.0, my preference would be to start at 4.0.  Here is how Resmed sees it.  This is based on S-mode, but the reason for increasing PS from the default 4.0 is hypopnea, RERA or snoring.  Vauto takes care of EPAP titration.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4118]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 5 115 1 hour ago
Last Post: behtaaash
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 174 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 136 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bipap Settings Help DreadPirateRawburts 16 596 09-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Do these settings make sense on an ASV and is it even worth trying a BiPAP? erouting 6 162 08-28-2024, 08:46 PM
  New resmed 10 vauto Officialdee 0 169 08-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Officialdee
  Help with BiPaP settings steveko23 6 251 08-20-2024, 01:39 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.