Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 11 Battery Backup
ResMed 11 Battery Backup
I do not know if this has been discussed here or not, but when switching from a ResMed Auto Sense 10 to 11, special cables must be used. The ResMed 11 DC input uses and odd (to me any way) looking connector that is not compatible with nearly any thing that you may have existing. In my case, I had a Model 10 with a Pilot Lite Battery Backup System. The cables from the new Model 11 power supply to the Pilot and then on to the ResMed 11 must be replaced with new Pilot/ResMed 11 specific cables. One vendor (not on the recommended vendor list) has a kit that includes both cables so the new connections are easy, otherwise you will not be able to use the Pilot Battery System. I image other battery backup plans may also need replacement cables. 

You will need to search for the proper cables. I had trouble finding the necessary cables from any one.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 11 Battery Backup
If my memory serves me correctly, look at the AirMini power cable.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2024, 03:44 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If my memory serves me correctly, look at the AirMini power cable.
- Red

I believe that I had read that some where also, but did not want to mention it without knowing for sure. In the Pilot's case, it takes two special cables. One from the new ResMed's power supply and the second cable from the Pilot to the ResMed 11. Regardless, anyone thinking about battery backup for the ResMed 11 needs to be careful.

I wonder why ResMed decided to use such an unusual DC connection.
Post Reply Post Reply
Generally, can't people use a UPS which should work overnight or a deep cycle 12V battery and a DC to DC converter? Sure it's heavy but a CD battery would last for days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I called ResMed about this and so far, they have no plans to make a battery backup for the Airsense 11. They have one for the Airsense 10 and it comes with the proper cable so if you kept your Airsense 10, you can get the battery backup for power outages. The two things to keep in mind are: 1) Is the pressure the same or close between the two CPAP machines 2) The battery backup for the Airsense 10 is $300.
Post Reply Post Reply
We use a Jackery battery and get multiple nights, connecting with the ResMed 12V to adapter. Very easy solution, capable of charging our cellular phones, great for camping trips, etc. Power outages are a way of life for us, here in Tampa. In fact, we're currently under siege at the moment. Our current weather is absolutely nasty and getting worse by the hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand the struggle, nothing worse than power going off in the night and you waking up feeling like someone is holding their hand over your mouth!

In my case, I put a 1100va UPS unit under my bed. It was a unit that I got from a customer because the batteries were bad. I put new batteries in it at least 10 years ago. No more waking up in a panic! I’m sure you could buy a smaller unit for $50ish dollars at Best Buy and be good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery covered by insurance? Zombie on my Lawn 1 71 Yesterday, 06:14 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 12 4,629 08-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: mufitcakir
  Back up Battery Problem Kimb 3 301 08-01-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Anyone travel with backup equipment? SkySleep 5 379 07-13-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 594 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Power Supply Backup. What do you all have? Little Olive 13 774 07-03-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question Back up battery/generator for BiPap Aggie 18 1,069 06-30-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.