Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 11 struggles
ResMed 11 struggles
I’ve been on CPAP for 16 years. Recently I had my ResMed 10 replaced with a new ResMed 11. My 10 is 8 years old and displays “motor hours exceeded, contact your supplier”.

I really looked forward to this new machine, but I’m really struggling with it. I sleep so much better with my 10…. I’m still using the 10 as a travel machine. 

My setting in my 10 per my doctor is 12.5, I used that for the last 7 years. I then changed my setting to autoset 8-13 and it was fantastic! Very few leaks, and very comfortable, then comes the new machine. 

The supplier would only set it for 12.5, I tried to sleep and it was awful! My chest muscles hurt from gasping for air, and exhaling against resistance. I put in my 10’s settings and it was awful! The first problem was the EPR setting was 1, I changed it to 3, that helped the exhaust problem. I eventually increased my pressure to 14. I can now sleep and I get a 90-100 score, but it’s not comfortable! I just got home from a 3 night trip where I used my 10, it was wonderful!

I tried my old comfort gel mask on my 11 in replacement for the N20, no real difference. I’d really like to get to the comfort of my 10 again. 

Why won’t my good ResMed 10 settings work in my ResMed 11? I’ve compared the settings, and they were the same, except for the current constant 14 setting in my 11. I also found that my 10 is, and always has been, set for full face, but the comfort gel is a nasal. I don’t think that matters much. 

My supplier sent me a larger N20, my mask score went to 2/20 on my MyAir app, so that’s not a fix. I’m constantly feeling like the flow isn’t enough and I’m never comfortable!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 11 struggles
Hi LyndMC, welcome to the forum, I've only used the AS10 and AC10, so I haven't used the newer AS11s, I do know that the motor is smaller in the AS11s but you should still receive similar therapy with it. You do know that you (or myself-as I remediate/repair machines) can replace the old motor in your AS10 for around $120 in parts (it's about a 20 minute process)?

If would be helpful to see any Oscar charts you have if you can (of using both machines).
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

You should really download the "OSCAR" program, so either I or someone else can give you some help.  You will need an SD card to use OSCAR.  See above in the black ribbon to download it. It is a free program.  Search on this site for more information about OSCAR.

Use OSCAR for a day or two and post some charts.  I have a ResMed 10 and haven't used an 11 although, I haven't heard anyone on the site with what you describe concerning their ResMed 11.  Perhaps someone else has and will have some ideas for you.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm, very interesting. Let me see if I have an SD card that fits the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Smile The data will not be there from the past when importing the data, it will begin once you have installed the SD card, that's why we nearly always recommend that folks install and SD card as soon as they receive their machines, that way it's recording that data from the get go.
Post Reply Post Reply
What size SD card is appropriate?
Post Reply Post Reply
On an 11 series, you can use about any size. The highest tested size, that I am aware of, is 128GB. Basically anything over 4GB is wasted space. The 11 series only stores 365 days of summary data, 30 days of detailed data and 30 sessions of high-resolution data.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I downloaded the program and I’ll go out and get an SD card tomorrow. I’m looking forward to any advice that may help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oddly, the respiratory therapist called me tonight, probably because I used my 10 the last 3 nights and they didn’t get any data! My 10 has an old 2G wireless card and hasn’t sent data in 2 years. 

I told her how I’m struggling with settings. They made me an appointment to come in on Oct 20 and they want me to bring both of my machines. They said they will compare and then calibrate my 11 if needed. They seem to think that they can diagnose my problem and make it right. 

I still plan to buy and install an SD card tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is good, I'm interested in what they will have to say. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Jacob0003 - therapy struggles Jacob0003 4 270 06-10-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Confused with CPAP struggles and results dohm 4 613 02-07-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: dohm
  [CPAP] Recent CPAP Struggles gold3n 1 479 08-20-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Wake up struggles chd3143 4 2,319 07-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Last Post: chd3143

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.