Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need Help with OSCAR Data
Need Help with OSCAR Data
Hi Everyone, 

I am new to the CPAP world.  I have a RESMED 10, I have not done well with nasal mask as I have too much mouth leaking.  So I am using a Siesta Full Face mask for now.  I had an AHI of 34 with my at home sleep test.  Never done in lab.  I am 34m athletic build 6' 225 lbs.   

Since I've started my treatments, I've never really seen AHI go above 1 when I was using the nasal pillows.  Those did not work due to mouth leakage no matter the tape or the amount of jaw wrapping I did.   

Since I consistently used the Siesta full face, I have been experiencing aerophagia and when I told my provider, they turned on ERP to 3.  The 3 was so much of a change I had problems falling asleep - so I changed ERP to a 1.  That worked and my aerophagia went away, but since then I've been having issues with my oxygen 4% desaturation events and the amount of time I spend below 94% oxygen (about 20-30% of the night).  I track my oxygen with EMAY SleepO2.  

Since then, I've tried to use a AirFit F30i and I cannot get enough air, so I went and upped the pressure in my clinical settings. I noticed that the upped air pressure helped a lot with the airflow of my F30i but ultimately the mask didn't work for how my nose is so I went back to Siesta.   When I left the upped the pressure, I had a great night sleep with my Siesta Full Face and my oxygen issues, after my provider turned on ERP, has gone away mostly (I just have 1 night of data on this).  That was just from me going from min pressure 6 to min pressure 7.  I also felt way better and rested when I woke up in the morning after I upped my min pressure. 

I was talking with one of the advisors from apneaboard and he took a glance at my data and suggested I should set my APAP to more of a CPAP and up my pressure to 10 and see how that works.  I like the idea, because when looking at my data, my APAP is adjusting between 9.0 and 10.0cm when dealing with my Obstructive Apnea events.  So the idea is to look for flow limitations when leaving at a closer range like 10-10cm for both min and max?

Can someone else take a look at my OSCAR data and give other suggestions? Attached is a data set from the other day (before I made the min pressure changes to try and fiddle with the F30i mask). 

OSCAR Data: attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help with OSCAR Data
Welcome

I suggest that you stick with Apap and set for 8-13.  That will leave you a little leeway to see what you actually need.

On your Oscar chart, please remove the calendar.  That will let us see more important things below.  Also, narrow the side panel.  You want it just wide enough to show everything.

Good luck with your new pap journey!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm an advocate for fix pressure treatment for OSA patients so I would second the advice for cpap @ 10cm or 11cm for now, apap tends to cause more arousals and micro arousals. I'd try it for a night or two and see how you feel then post a new chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to 8-13cm last night.  I set EPR to 1 (it was at 3) and I had a lot of dreams where I was burping.  I was experiencing Aerophagia again, so I woke up in the middle of night and set EPR back to 3.  

My oxygen went back to having a lot of time under 93%, not sure why when the night before min pressure was set at 7 and my oxygen was great! Would EPR fiddling cause this?

Attached is the new chart and O2 data.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is 10 setting last night, EPR 3.  Had a OSA event at 4am that woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a passing thought, but have you tried changing to the "Soft" Response setting? This may smooth the change between the EPAP to IPAP.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I'll try that to see if its more comfortable! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 190 Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 1,025 Yesterday, 04:26 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 373 Yesterday, 09:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 90 09-06-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 197 09-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 3 102 09-05-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: cpapillon
  [CPAP] Help with ASV OSCAR data? Persisting Daytime Fatigue Despite 0 AHI LennySleeps 3 201 09-04-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.