Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long time user, Lost weight AHI going up.
Long time user, Lost weight AHI going up.
Hello,

After some expertise to explain why after losing 36kg my AHI is getting worse and I don't understand why. back in 2012, I was diagnosed with 60 AHI and used my CPAP since then.
I had a retest done in 2020 when i got a new machine due to the old one finally giving up. my new test showed 88.2 AHI there was about 30kg difference in weight between my first test and my latest 2020 test.

With my new machine, my AHI dropped to less than 0.5 most nights until around Aug last year when i started getting fitter and losing weight.

I have attached 3 screenshots from OSCAR.

1. pre aug normal night.
2. post aug normal night.
3. Post aug bad night.

Any insight would be fantastic, thank you again for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long time user, Lost weight AHI going up.
Your chart on July 12 clearly shows Positional Apnea.  That is when you are sleeping in a way that cuts your air supply.

Try a flatter pillow, especially if on your back.  Be sure your head is not tilting forward into your chest.  Read the following link and compare the Events graph with yours.  The areas of clustered apnea are positional.  You can also correct this by using a soft cervical collar.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 3 270 Today, 12:26 AM
Last Post: joelin02
  First Time Poster, need advice for new machine! kbjames 7 382 08-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How long does the OSA episode needs to be? americanesku 2 130 08-26-2024, 12:37 AM
Last Post: americanesku
  Trying Bilevel for first time - need help! sleepquality 4 313 08-18-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sleepquality
  Minute long obstructive apnea with cpap on middleofnowhere 27 876 08-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First time user. I purchased an F40 hybrid mask? Joeyk74 6 342 08-02-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Symptoms] Sleep paralysis every time I use my CPAP DoRaCh79 5 2,360 08-01-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: jaguarman9991

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.