Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 v 11
ResMed Airsense 10 v 11
I have 2 x ResMed S9's that have been great machines and I have been using them for 11 years now. I have 2 as I always wanted to have a backup machine in case one of the machines failed (they never have failed). I have a medical condition that causes sleep apnea to affect my eyes and it is necessary that I always sleep with a CPAP machine to prevent damage to my eyes.

Both of the machines are now approaching 20,000 hours use, and although they both are operating flawlessly, I feel that it is time to get new machines as ResMed say that the life of the blower/turbine units is c.21,000 hours for the S9 units. So I have been looking at what is now available and it comes down to ResMed Airsense 10 v ResMed Airsense 11, for me. I have been reading reviews and watching review videos and I can see advantages and disadvantages of both machines. The 11 is smaller and lighter (not much of a consideration) and more advanced in software design with bluetooth integration (I like the bluetooth for data download). I have no desire for the integrated MyAir/MyBS etc as I monitor my own data via OSCAR. Apparently the blower/turbine unit in the 11 is much smaller than what is installed in the 10 and hence the smaller power supply unit, I am not sure whether that is good or bad? The 11 is more expensive of course than the 10 but the price difference is not a major hurdle for me, I would just like to have the most reliable, effective and durable unit.

Any thoughts from users who have used both units?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 v 11
So far, the only thing the Bluetooth will provide is a link with a Nonin 3150BLE oximeter.  The AS11 uses a smaller blower, while the 10 series is more robust.  Coming from an S9, power supplies and ClimateLine hoses are not transferable.  Both the 10 and 11 series are compatible with OSCAR. The AS11 will require the newest ResScan version to read its files. I don't believe that you will go wrong with either model.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 10 has a proven track record, similar to your 9. They too can last beyond 20K hours easily. That alone is the big question on the 11, how long will it last. I'm not saying it won't, but it's still not known.

I myself was issued a new 11 recently, a VAuto. After being off therapy for 4 years, I'm on training wheels a bit again. The 11 is easy enough to set and run, but I don't think the touch screen is necessarily an upgrade over the 10s static screen. This 11 does seem to have the screen oriented where I can see it slightly better from the bed, while it's sitting a foot away on a table.

I can't really tell if the blower is better or worse on the 11. I do think the humidifier tub is somewhat more touchy in seating to make sure it doesn't leak air from the donut seals.

Kinda a toss up, but if you get a 10 cheaper...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have two S9s that you like and they work well, IMHO that's all you need. If you have trouble with one, you can use the other and consider getting a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would get the 10.  It has a proven track record.  The 11 has the same small, less powerful motor used in the Air Mini.  I think they use it because the smaller motor is cheaper.  I recently got the AirCurve 10 Vauto rather than the 11 because I had a choice, not because it was cheaper (my insurance covered either 100%) but because I think it's better.  Not everyone would agree, and that's okay.  This is just my opinion.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a 10 AutoSet. It's the only machine that I have any experience with. I have to say, it's been 100% since the day I received it.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 11:13 AM)Deborah K. Wrote: I would get the 10.  It has a proven track record.  The 11 has the same small, less powerful motor used in the Air Mini.  I think they use it because the smaller motor is cheaper.  I recently got the AirCurve 10 Vauto rather than the 11 because I had a choice, not because it was cheaper (my insurance covered either 100%) but because I think it's better.  Not everyone would agree, and that's okay.  This is just my opinion.  Smile

I did do a bit of research on whether it is the same blower unit as the AirMini, apparently it is very similar but actually a different unit with a slightly bigger motor from what I can find out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed 10. The same as the other members of the family.
The hoses for the 10 do not fit the 11. This was a showstopper for me. Over the past 10 years, I have amassed a large inventory of supplies. I want to be able to use them as I need them without begging insurance to pay for them.

The ResMed 10 also comes in a "For Her" model that is color white with pretty flowers. It can be set for a female or male therapy. I was told that the breathing algorithm is slightly different from a male and female.

I do not know about the ResMed 11 concerning the Modem Dont-know and cell phone systems. The ResMed 10 was caught in the middle of the 3G, 4G, 5G change over. If you get a 10, be sure it shows 4G or 5G on the label. A 3G machine has a modem that will not work on 4G or 5G cell systems. Almost all of the 3 G systems in the US have been shut down with 5G taking their place.

ResMed will not update the modem on the 3G machines. (Someone please tell me I am wrong). Those older 3G and some old 4G machines are now a data boat anchor unless you use the card data to upload data to the data police.
The machine will work, just no data will be transferred.

The modem is also used to send data to MyResMed. That is a web site or App that you can visit to see your sleep data on a daily basis. If insurance is paying for the machine, they typically want the supplier to monitor usage of at least 4 hours a day to be compliant with therapy. If the box has the incorrect modem, the data is not sent and there may be an issue with therapy compliance. 
BTW: I really like the ResMed 10. It is easy to program bedside, it is quiet, and looks great. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 111 160,784 09-11-2024, 09:52 AM
Last Post: tedr
  [Pressure] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Turpentine 6 286 08-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 90 33,619 08-26-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 96 43,794 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 16,027 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx
  Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? daBee 33 1,802 08-15-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: daBee
  [Equipment] Bait and Switch, RESMED Airsense 10 vs RESMED 11 Caribou007 7 469 07-12-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.