Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 machine keeps turning off
Resmed 10 machine keeps turning off
 When I power on the machine it blows really hard for like 5 seconds and then turns off. This started last night. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but that didn’t help. Any ideas what might be the problem? Thank you in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 machine keeps turning off
i guess there is probably such a large leak that smartstop turns it off. the machine thinks you don't have the mask on so probably turns it off.

unplug the humidifier if you have one, and make sure it's pushed in all the way. make sure everything is plugged in right, and that someone (maybe the cat?) didn't poke a hole in your hose or something.

you could try turning off smartstop just to see if it stays on, to confirm the leak theory but i'm positive it will Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually did try turning off smart start and yes, when I did the machine stays on but it’s blowing air like really hard.
Post Reply Post Reply
because there is a leak somewhere, my money is on the humidifier not being pushed in all the way!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah I just saw the little oval plastic piece in the nose tube had fallen out. I put it back in and problem solved! Thank you for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice, you're welcome. Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 128 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 278,680 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 9 1,195 08-17-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross [Equipment] Help! CPAP Machine Turning Off During the Night GoblinDiplomacy 9 558 06-28-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  fisher paykel simplus mask on resmed machine Heaviside 5 429 06-23-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 9 797 04-24-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tmjidaho
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 2,231 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.