Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions
FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions
I'm seeking the initial Setup Steps for FLASHPAP to OSCAR.....  I've had to Reinstall Both on a new PC Drive and for some reason it's not automatically Downloading from FLashPAP into OSCAR... Several OSCAR Screens want manual intervention to the next step.

I'm thinking it may have to do with how I setup the FlashPAP.jar Folder in Documents.....  I just don't remember several of the steps.

FlashPAP works Fine.... OScar works Fine... its the proper Setup to allow the Data to ingest into Oscar automatically after FlashPAP opens Oscar.

Most of the LINKS for Setup are dead in the forum archives...

Does anyone have the location for the Initial Setup of both?

Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions
FlashPAP is only designed to work with the (now discontinued) Toshiba FlashAir SD card.  FlashPAP does not import directly to OSCAR.  You have to set up a dedicated directory on your PC for FlashPAP to import your CPAP's data to.  You then point OSCAR's import to this directory.  
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies if I was not clear in my request......

The FlashPAP and OSCAR had been working for me without issue.... I had resurrected the FlashAir III Card from my old System One and took a chance and was able to utilize it on the new DreamStation II some 4 months ago... even though it was not initially listed as a choice in Setup. It's worked flawlessly.

I'm simply seeking the "old" Step X Step Instructions for the Setup....  

Marc
Post Reply Post Reply
The FlashPAP stores a configuration file for each setup with a ".fpap" extension.   This is a text file that has the CPAP's model type number, IP address of the FlashAir, and the local directory for its data storage.  I have listed a sample file at the bottom of this post.  The FlashPAP directory's location can vary and based on the O/S you're using.  I would recommend that you open your computer's file explorer and use the search feature to find it.  Try searching for, "*.fpap".  

By chance, if you edited your FlashAir's SD_WLAN/CONFIG file, did you remember to replace the asterisks in the APPNETWORKKEY parameter with the actual password?

Sample of a Resmed AS10 configuration file:
Code:
#Mon Feb 28 12:00:30 EST 2022
FlashAirAppMode=5
FlashAirHost=192.168.1.38
SleepDataApp=
Destination=D\:\\A10_Data
CPAPModel=100
UserName=A10

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I mentioned, everything else was working and yes....  It was the "dedicated directory" that needed to be created. I just needed the simple step which I finally recalled. It's creating a Folder on the "C" Drive called SleepData that OSCAR uses.

That's all I missed. Thankfully it had nothing to do with the Wi-Fi Card talking to the DreamStation II..

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toshiba FlashAir SD Card, Mac (M2), OSCAR Setup Help WarDaddy427 0 189 08-07-2024, 03:25 AM
Last Post: WarDaddy427
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 976 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Language setup magborges 5 1,551 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 101,040 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Compile environment setup help robbob2112 3 836 08-09-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  initial import problem weavto 2 768 12-22-2022, 09:09 AM
Last Post: weavto
  Setup of New Machine in OSCAR Melman 1 655 10-19-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.