Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings help for AirSense
RE: Settings help for AirSense
Thanks Old Steve. I do sleep almost entirely on my side at least from what I know so it must be that somehow I was still chin-tucking with the collar last night. I'll try the tennis ball technique just in case tonight to make sure I'm on my back the whole night. Would it make sense to reduce EPR to 2 or 1 in conjunction? On 12/18 the OAs were very low at 0.56 but the CAs were still over 1.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
OAs are now under 1, but CAs are still high.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think that I mentioned in a post yesterday that if you get the positional apneas under control you could try setting your EPR to 1 and see if it helps the central apneas.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's also possible that fixed pressure could help cut down the CAs.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you still need ramp? If not try turning it off. It seems when ramp automatically turns off and pressure starts increasing you get a few to a cluster of CA’s. 

I think both Old Steve and Paula made good suggestions of things to try. I would add considering changing your pressure range from 7-13 to 8-14 with their recommended EPR 1 or 2. 

Going with a fixed pressure of 8 or 9 with an EPR of 1 of 2 would be an interesting thing to try as well. You may have a bit more flow limitations, but you could also have better quality sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all. I turned off EPR and my ramp settings are the same as my min settings so I could as well turn it off. That did help with the CA events a bit. I set the pressure at 7.3-8.6 last night and it just hovered at 8.28 the whole night which did cause a lot more flow limitations. Surprisingly didn't feel as rested as the night before because I woke up a few times for some reason (I did have 1 drink last night though so may need one more night to see). 

Post Reply Post Reply
We should exercise caution when saying what's causing what. From my understanding, this is your first week on CPAP, which is a significant change for the body, and what we see in lots of patients is the emergence of treatment-related central apneas. Adjusting settings too quickly can add more noise than signal, so I recommend changing things more slowly and gathering more data points per change. 

Your flow limit came up quite a lot in disabling EPR.

There's a strong correlation between your leaks and central apneas, which is something we would expect to see. It is clear to me that you are opening your mouth quite a bit with the pillows mask, so taping, soft-cervical collar, chinstrap, etc. is something you could try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyalpha,

How much time is left on your AirSense 10 trial?
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyalpha, did you have CA events during your sleep study?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
You are starting to dial in your settings. Overall things are looking much better. How do you feel with these settings?

I think adding a wee bit more pressure and possibly some EPR would help. Try setting your pressure range to 8-10 with or without EPR 1. Turn off ramp as it is doing nothing for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New Airsense 10 Autoset - Help Optimize Settings Led Head 2 88 09-05-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Led Head
  f&p solo airsense 11 settings silverdr 2 396 05-28-2024, 07:47 AM
Last Post: silverdr
  Resmed airsense 11 settings CPAP vs APAP Puffy cheeks 2 448 04-30-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Pressure Settings for UARS Mild Apnea, Airsense 10 risherwood 3 398 04-26-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: risherwood
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 773 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 3,355 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 1,293 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.