Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyDawg OSCAR Review (Self-Titrated)
RE: SleepyDawg OSCAR Review (Self-Titrated)
Hi All and Happy Friday!

I raised the min to 9.0 and have attached last night's data.  Should I make any adjustments for tonight?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limits are still high, so we would increase the min again...   How are you feeling?"  Was last night better or worse?  Are you having any problem with the increase in min?   If things are going ok I would rase the min by 1 again.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still getting used to the mask and the therapy.  This is the middle of week 2 for me.  Overall getting more sleep is good for me.  The pressures don’t seem to be affecting me. I’m still tired when I wake, but neurology wants me to be strict on my sleep and wake times, so being a little tired is ok.  I felt slightly more rested last night.

I also have sleep-maintenance insomnia where I wake up in the middle of the night then have trouble getting back to sleep, but that is getting shorter on the wake cycle since I started CPAP.

I will raise lower limit to 10.0 tonight.

Should I raise upper limit higher than 12.0?
Post Reply Post Reply
No the flow limits will continue to drive up to the max pressure. If you move up it will not help therapy. We want to stop the rise with raising the min. 

Max would only be raised if you got H and Oa events. You are currently under 1 AHI.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
While I mostly agree with StacyBurke, your flow limits and snores are in clusters. That suggests that there is a positional aspect to your remaining events. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I raised the lower pressure to 10.0 last night.  I definitely felt a difference at start up, (I don't ramp), with that higher pressure.
I was able to sleep straight through the whole night without getting up.  
I felt like I had more energy upon waking.
Attached is the OSCAR chart.

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, here were the original sleep study results should that affect any recommendations from the team.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider is one of the very best at reading charts and helping on this site. If he believes it is positional then you should take a look at it. 

Basically positional apnea is sleeping in a position that is cutting off your own airway.  Many times back sleeping will cause it. Couple that with a high pillow makes it worse. 

Typical we look for positional apnea by looking at O and H events clustered together - you have none in any night. You do have periods of high flow limits and snoring. 

It is also known as chin tucking where your chin drops to your sternum cutting off your air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your last chart clearly shows flow limitation going from zero to 100 for no reason. From 22:00 to 00;20 you have very high flow limits and RERA. If you can figure out what causes this, you will solve the problem. Maybe a night camera, but when we see this kind of contrast, it's positional.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect it is the side-sleeping where I chin-tuck.  

I use a hose holder because I'm an active sleeper, (arthritis keeps me moving).
I think I don't position my head correctly on the Contour CPAP pillow.
Likely it is paranoia over hose length due to the hose holder being too high over the bed.
I will experiment and lower the hose holder to extend the hose length to the mask.

I had the deer camera on all night.  I need to check the footage to confirm.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 4 471 07-25-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Pogo007
  Anyone bored and want to review my numbers/offer advise? Daveman 6 237 07-23-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 9 469 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Oscar Data for review rigidly 2 176 06-26-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bloating | Data Review | Alternative Treatments eh4tings 0 199 06-14-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: eh4tings
  [Treatment] Cholraj's CPAP Therapy Thread + Oscar data review aktmdn 18 1,674 06-10-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Sleep HQ 1 month of data review slipperslacroix 2 346 05-25-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.