Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Started noticing dry mouth in the morning
RE: Started noticing dry mouth in the morning
Are you seeing an increase in leaks in OSCAR. It might be helpful to post some screenshots. I was having bad dry mouth too, bad enough to wake me up grabbing my water bottle. I also thought it wasn't mouth breathing at first. But OSCAR showed pretty big leaks during those times, which helped confirm mouth breathing. 

I tried taping and couldn't get it working for me. I also have a beard, and the tape really hurt coming off. I ended up getting a chin strap, and that completely fixed the mouth breathing and dry mouth. I tried a couple of different chin straps. First was a cheap one that didn't work at all. Then I splurged a little and got the Knightsbridge. That's what completely eliminated the problem for me.

- cyberfiche
Post Reply Post Reply
i recently had a spell where i was waking up with really dry mouth in the morning. so bad tht the point in the top of my mouth where the gum ends and the fascial tissue at that junction were really stuck together.

i did some reverse engineering nd discovered it was a new toothpaste i had switched to. apparently one of the two types of fluoride that can be in toothpaste can create that side effect.

once i switched to a different type, the problem went away.  

i'm just saying that in case you may have done likewise.
Post Reply Post Reply
eok361, can you name the toothpastes that you switcded from and too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11 hours ago)car54 Wrote: eok361, can you name the toothpastes that you switcded from and too.

they were/are both from sensodyne. the one that created the problem with dry mouth had sodium lauryl sulfate fluoride. the new one has the other type (sorry, i forgot the designation). the SLS is the one that caused my problems. 

the ingredient lists tell you which type they have. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 26 881 43 minutes ago
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Just started 6 days ago! benjaminjaquith 11 287 1 hour ago
Last Post: coutherino
  [Symptoms] Sticky eyes in the morning blackswan99 0 36 4 hours ago
Last Post: blackswan99
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 19 904 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - not feeling rested in the morning! jc1996 1 56 9 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 345 Yesterday, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 97 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.