Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to CPAP - Please help me understand my OSCAR Data
New to CPAP - Please help me understand my OSCAR Data
Hi everyone,

I've been using a CPAP machine on and off for about a month now. I've been adjusting the settings to improve comfort and effectiveness. I've experienced dry mouth, but I recently started using a chin strap, and last night I didn't have any issues.

I've attached my OSCAR data. Could someone please help me understand the data and suggest the appropriate pressure level I should be using?

Thanks in advance!

Here is the another page of OSCAR

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP - Please help me understand my OSCAR Data
Could you make sure you get the exact segments in the Oscar protocols? For instance, it’s very important to see what happens to pressure during the night. Then, someone will be able to help with settings.

You also need to focus in mask leakage. It’s severely affecting your therapy.

And see the several clusters of apneas? Those generally come about from a sleep position where your airway becomes kinked. They cannot be fixed by xPAP. They can only be fixed by making adjustments to your sleep position. This takes a bit of analysis, but the apneaboard wiki on positional apnea should give you some tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply. 

Couldn't add all the graphs due to the 3 limit attachment. I've added more and if that doesn't help please let me know

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes figure out the mask leak issue before you increase pressure or else the leak will just become worse.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 6 284 Today, 02:47 AM
Last Post: sleepadventure
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 53 Yesterday, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 12 330 Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Last Post: citrus1
  Help Needed to Understand Arousals ravman 3 177 09-14-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ravman
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 208 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 33 1,334 09-13-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 129 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.