Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Aerophagia chart - possible reasons?
Smile 
Aerophagia chart - possible reasons?
Hi all,

Woke up at 05:30 this morning with a feeling of air in the top of my esophagus, I could easily burp it up but the buildup of air kept occuring. I was sleeping on my side at the time.
I'm using Airsense 10 autoset with P30i pillow.

Wondered if my charts might indicate anything, or a possible solution if this occurs too much in future.

Full nights chart (excluding afternoon nap):

Closer view of the 05:30hrs timeframe:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aerophagia chart - possible reasons?
swallowing  air, Is there some way to stop swallowing air my machine is set at 11-17?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2023, 08:28 AM)jerry1967 Wrote: swallowing  air, Is there some way to stop swallowing air my machine is set at 11-17?

Lowering the pressure will help, but it may also compromise your therapy. Just keep an eye on you AHI to see if your therapy is still effective at the lower pressures.

Also, talk to your doctor about this, and yoour equipment supplier, too. You may need to upgrade to the AirCurve 10. This will lower the pressure on exhale, which will also help with the aerophagia. Keep in mind that as you adapt to CPAP therapy your aerophagia will likely fade. Then, if necessary to optimize your therapy, you can raise the pressure back up.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aerophagia can subside for new users. Give it a few weeks. If that's intolerable, or if it persists, you could try bilevel. There's also a small device called VCOM that some have found helpful in reducing aerophagia. Just go on youtube and type in VCOM sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aerophagia - Gassy - 5+ months now apneavolt 2 189 10-14-2024, 09:43 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  First night - aerophagia issues kanikami 8 330 10-13-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New to CPAP - Aerophagia? LFS9000 5 303 10-02-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Chart Reviewing SKPC 17 630 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
Last Post: SKPC
  Bad Aerophagia - Help cyberfiche 4 352 09-22-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 7 439 09-20-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Interpret Oscar chart please fudo 8 515 09-19-2024, 03:56 AM
Last Post: fudo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.