Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Does Sleep Apnea Patients feel Worse in 2nd Half of the day?
Gross 
Does Sleep Apnea Patients feel Worse in 2nd Half of the day?
Hello to all the member's,

I am wondering whether sleep apnea patients feel more groggy, in the 2nd half of the day. Mostly after 2-3 pm. I myself have noticed many times that although i feel headaches, brain fog, dizziness throughout the day but after lunch time the conditions worsens. It gets worse during evenings and around dinner time. While driving to work in the morning seems a tough task, going back driving in the evening gets much tougher. Is this the case with all the people suffering from sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Sleep Apnea Patients feel Worse in 2nd Half of the day?
If your machine is optimally set, and you are sleeping well, you should not be feeling that way at all.

Post a couple charts from the daily page in OSCAR, and let us take a look at what's going on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please take a look at my last 5 days charts. I have been experimenting with my pressure a lot.

more charts here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts all look pretty good IMO.  0.00 95%tile flow limitations.  Excellent.  A few leaks in one chart.  A few CA's in the last chart. The CA's could possibly be related to the leaks also.   EPR of 3 is stopping flow limitations well.  Pressure seems to be ok in stopping OA's and H's.  

Here area few tips to stop mask leaks:  Mask Primer
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
If everything seems right then when i can expect to feel normal. I mean i still face grogginess / brain fog, tiredness through out the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
It can take some time to start feeling better and reaping the benefits of pap therapy.  Just think of how much time you spent sleeping with untreated sleep apnea?  Months? Years?  Decades?  Usually most people don't feel great right away after starting pap therapy.  It has taken some time for me to feel more energy also.   Hang in there.  

And then of course, there are numerous other health conditions that could be contributing to your "grogginess, brain fog, and tiredness".  Pap therapy is just the tip of the iceberg.  If you have been using pap for a long time (I would say probably 3 to 6 months or more) and haven't noticed any difference, then it is probably time for more health tests.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Its almost 3 years i have been suffering from sleep apnea. Earlier i used to have broken sleep on alcohol days only And would feel like sh*t the next day. But after one sober day and after sleep everything was getting normal. I got fed up and quit alcohol altogether but this thing never gone after that. This Brain Fog, Fatigue, tiredness thing. Got Diagnosed with sleep apnea last month after struggling for 3 years and getting treated by Neurologist, psychiatrist, Homeopathic, ENT and Finally Pulmonologist. Even got the Deviated Septum Straightened surgery and sinus surgery.
Now after all this i am 10 days on PAP and hoping that it will cure my condition and would make me normal again.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, the info is helpful. As I'm reading it, you think the sleep apnea has been hurting or hurting sleep for at least 3 years, while you're attempting to treat Apnea for 10 days. It's not enough time just yet.

I'm not saying it'll take 3 years to undo Apnea effects, but it's very likely also not undone in a month. It will take a time investment on your part to keep up on the therapy.

And remember Apnea events only count for one segment of illness that affect sleep negatively. There's a whole list of other possible things you might have. I'm not saying you have any, but recognize there could be other things needing attention along with Apnea.

Also of note, CPAP is a treatment that needs to continue. It cannot cure Apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am willing to use PAP for the rest of my life. i am 38 Yrs Old. I just want to feel normal as i was 3 years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Sleep Study Report is attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Complex Sleep Apnea Questions bh1332 5 104 12 minutes ago
Last Post: bh1332
  New to CPAP - API Under 1 but still don't feel great ttsoldier 5 85 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Greetings From India - Is it Sleep Apnea or GERD or Anxiety ? EastWeekender 8 206 10-18-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Symptoms] Fatigue from sleep apnea Person 6 226 10-13-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  HELP: Sudden drastic worsening of Sleep Apnea - Can't sleep at all, CPAP completely u Unkikonki 10 520 10-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl memoryNada786 6 273 10-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  Consistently 0 AHI, but feel the same? r4robin 3 255 10-06-2024, 06:08 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.