Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING
RE: TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING
(03-09-2024, 06:48 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: I don't get it.  Do most of us change our pap machines to match the time change?  I don't think I ever have.  Does it really matter?

I don't change my Cpap time either! Every 6 months, it's back to where it should be. Rolleyes

There's enough irritants in life, so why add to it?

My motto... less is more...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2024, 09:44 AM)Plmnb Wrote: It says 10:34 which is only off by 3 minutes!!

Close enough! leave the clock alone.  No need to do anything to your SD card or user data.  Back away from the machine.

If you think some data was not imported correctly, you can use the Data Menu in Oscar, click Advanced, and Purge the current date in view. You can then re-import your SD card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Back away, I love it!

Thank you so much.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, OpalRose!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if you don't fiddle with the time on your Cpap machine, your computer does up date to DST and you can still lose data.  My second session of the night began at 21:36 and ended at 1:40. My third session began a few minutes later but definitely before the cursed hour of 2am. Oscar only imported the first and second session, but not the third. Oscar reports the Session Information, the session time above Event flags as well as the date and time at the bottom of the page using the pre-DST times, but reads the updated time and uses that for the timelines below all the graphs. I'm assuming that this use of both pre and post DST created some sort of conflict as it would have made it appear that the end of the second session and beginning the third overlapped. I know that my cpap machine registered and recorded the third session because it shows up in MyAir. Looks like I was lucky enough to wake up at exactly the wrong time. (See highlighted attachment below.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
BigGuy and I don't worry about no DST. Living in AZ we don't change our clocks, we change entire time zones.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2024, 11:20 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: BigGuy and I don't worry about no DST. Living in AZ we don't change our clocks, we change entire time zones.

Why did the clock in Arizona refuse to spring forward for daylight saving time?

Because it decided it had enough sun time already!
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
It's easy to change the time in the clinical menu in a ResMed AirSense or AirCurve.
Going forward in time or date is easy. Just change it. If you need to go back in time, or date, first remove the SD card, then chose Erase Data, change the time or date, then replace SD card.
You will still have all data on the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree Steve, it is an easy process, but never underestimate the ability of sleepy people to make a mistake. We have seen machines get changed to the wrong date or year which just ends up being big hassle. It's been a lot less frequent in recent years, and as I understand it, the Airsense 11 does not have a time setting. Anyway, the bigger problem is not the 1-hour change for DST, but travel, especially when crossing the international date line. I have generally recommended not to change the device time during travel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Srlevine,

You're basically right. Supposedly back in the mid 70s it was tried and they found energy use went up, so AZ went back to not changing it.

One a side note, there is a meme that says Old Indian Proverb - if you cut a foot off one end of a 6 foot blanket and move it to the other end, you still have a 6 foot blanket.

Homer
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 155 8,139 10-11-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: jefferyscott0
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 2 488 10-03-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 419 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 309 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 281 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 608 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Recommendation for CPAP repair service, thanks to Sleeprider GP49 3 252 08-31-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.