Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings?
I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings?
I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change the settings?

I have moderate sleep apnea(AHI 16.9,RDI 20) but my symptoms are severe.

I changed the mask on 30 january(airfit p30i)because my previous mask was leaking(airfit n20) and I’m currently using airsense 10 autoset on apap mode and I’m trying different settings everyday to see which fits me the best.

Sleep doc said that the therapy is going well because my AHI is <5 and because I managed to consistently sleep with the mask since the first day of therapy,but paradoxically MY SYMTPOMS are worse now and I fee evenl more tired and sleepy.

HERE you can find the Oscar screenshots with more stats and settings :https://imgur.com/a/PrrT37K

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings?
We are looking at two different settings in this chart. Your brief try at noon was a minimum pressure of 12 with EPR at 3 resulting in a brief look at that pressure. The rest of the chart is a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure of 15.0 and EPR off. That session shows huge flow limitations and lots of pressure variation. I think you need to split the difference and get some much more comfortable therapy. I recommend minimum pressure 9.0 maximum pressure 12.0 with EPR on Full-Time at setting 3. I hate to put it this, way, but trust me, and post the results tomorrow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 2 51 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Just started 6 days ago! benjaminjaquith 17 559 10-01-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: benjaminjaquith
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 154 7,713 10-01-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 200 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 77 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 308 09-29-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 962 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.