Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD
Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD
I have been using a Resmed Vauto for past 3-4 years, but after ants built a nest in it, the machine has died. I had backed up all my SD card daily reports to my computer.
I have bought a new Vauto, and created a new profile in Oscar, and am trying to copy my previous Oscar data to new SD card, for the new machine

I format the new SD card in the new Vauto, (under the new profile), then copy data from old SD card to new one
Despite the old data still being read in Oscar under my new profile (I imported it into new profile), the data is not on my new SD card. I realise it is something to do with having a new profile...
Is there anyway of exporting all my data from Oscar onto the new SD card?

thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD
If you have been backing up the complete SD card from your old machine to a dedicated directory on your PC, then you would copy that data to the new SD card.  With that said, the SD card can only have the information of only one CPAP's data on an SD card.  The SD card gets serialized to the last CPAP it was inserted in by using the CPAP's serial number.  Copying your old data to the card will be ignored by the new serial number.   If you replace your CPAP with the same brand, e.g. Resmed to Resmed or Philips to Philips, you can use the same profile in OSCAR without any interruption of data.  The Statistics page will display the new machine's information at the bottom of the page. The problem arises when someone tries to use the same profile and switches brands. This is because each brand reports data in different formats and range values.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2023, 11:37 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have been backing up the complete SD card from your old machine to a dedicated directory on your PC, then you would copy that data to the new SD card.  With that said, the SD card can only have the information of only one CPAP's data on an SD card.  The SD card gets serialized to the last CPAP it was inserted in by using the CPAP's serial number.  Copying your old data to the card will be ignored by the new serial number.   If you replace your CPAP with the same brand, e.g. Resmed to Resmed or Philips to Philips, you can use the same profile in OSCAR without any interruption of data.  The Statistics page will display the new machine's information at the bottom of the page.  The problem arises when someone tries to use the same profile and switches brands.  This is because each brand reports data in different formats and range values.

- Red

Thanks for explanation Red.
Now I see why I am having problems..

Seeing it is a Resmed Vauto to a new resmed vauto, I presume I should revert back to my original profile.
If so, could you please explain the steps I take to get all my old data back to the new SD card. My OSCAR DATA folder has 3 profiles with a total of over 20GB so I cant transfer it all. And do I format the SD to new machine before or after transferring data?

appreciate your assistance :-)
Mal
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can add the new data to your existing profile without any problems.

Why do you want to add the old data back to the new SD card?  That is basically like trying to put air in a flat tire.  You can do it, but it is an exercise in futility.  Without the unique machine data that created those files, you will not be able to access them with any analysis program.

To reconstruct your old SD card, you would copy all the data folders in the OSCAR profile into the DATALOG folder.  These folders are named by the date.  You will need to keep the Settings folder, Identification.*, Journal.dat, and STR.* files created by your old CPAP.  If you have wiped out the SD card, you can insert a blank card back in your old machine and apply the power.  You don't need to actually turn it on.   This will reconstruct the files not stored in OSCAR.  Warning! If you insert this card into your new machine, all this data will be wiped out.

SD cards are known to go bad in a heartbeat. It is far safer to archive the card's data to a dedicated directory on your PC. The standard practice is to copy the card to the dedicated directory, then use this location to import into OSCAR.

New SD cards come preformatted to a FAT32 structure.  The maximum card memory is 32 GB for all Resmeds, except the AS11, which has been tested up to 128 GB.

Remember, only one CPAP per SD card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Emphasising what Red said... you don't want the old data on the new card

Each machine writes its data on the SD card using the same file names, so there can only be one Identification.tgt file and one STR.edf file in the root of the SD card. Your data is backed up by OSCAR in the BACKUP folder, and each machine in a profile gets its own folder
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red and Pholynyk.
I will do as you suggested and forget backing up to SD card, as you said, data is already in OSCAR DATA folder. I will also install Oscar and previous data to my Laptop as a further safeguard

Mal
Post Reply Post Reply
i zip my sd card and gmail it to myself
the files are tiny
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, NOW I think I found the answer I asked early this morning  Laugh-a-lot

And I did a search on the boards too.  Just found it in Google.

BUT, just to be sure..As long as all machines were ResMed I’m good to go?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct! If you are using the same brand CPAP, you won't encounter any problems.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape.

If you see this I am wondering though why the old data isn’t still in OSCAR?
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pay you to help download my resmed Astral 150 data costaricaraftguide 3 281 06-02-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 693 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 391 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 434 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 600 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 3,073 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 2,092 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.