Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data
Advice with OSCAR Data
Hi, new board member here

I've been using an auto CPAP machine for a few months now and have adjusted to using the machine. I'm using a Lowenstein prisma smart CPAP which honestly has a terrible app to view data that I had been using for a while to gauge how the therapy is going (it only gives you AHI, time in use and leak rate). More recently I've started using OSCAR data to get a better idea as I'd find on some days I'd feel tired even when my AHI was low.

One of the main things I'm noticing from my OSCAR data is that my flow rate graph deviates from the smooth peaks and troughs that I've seen from 'normal flow' graphs online. I've attached some pictures but occasionally I'll notice periods where the peaks are quite flat rather than smooth and other moments where it just appears to go all over the place.

I've been slowly bumping up my pressure to see if it helps but would appreciate some advice on settings I could try. Note I've reduced the range between my min and max pressure as I would occasionally experience 'chipmunk cheeks' (wearing mouth tape) or leaks if the pressure got too high (but also not a fan of having a big variation of pressure throughout the night which occasionally does wake me up).

Let me know if more information / data is needed, Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 2 98 6 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 6 140 6 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 7 206 8 hours ago
Last Post: mttm
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 164 Yesterday, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  New to Oscar, please help me understand the data. Stray 12 533 09-29-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar won't read replacement O2 Ring data Greg1582378 1 68 09-29-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Hello - Help interpreting my Oscar Data pabsvonmole 2 98 09-29-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.