Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Chuu's Therapy Thread
RE: Chuu's Therapy Thread
Here is another two nights of data. 

I'm still having issues of not sleeping very well with waking up multiple times a night. Last night was the worst with waking up after the 2nd time and then being unable to fall back asleep but I tried with the mask on so my usage time is inflated. I track my O2 with my Samsung watch and last night it said I was under 90% for 4m in total going to 86% at the lowest. Normally its rarely under 90% since starting on my APAP. In terms of heart health I don't have any existing conditions I'm aware of at the moment but as mentioned above my GP would like to rule out things which is why I have an echocardiogram booked for next month.

Would it be a wise idea to try CPAP mode without EPR to see if that helps if we have enough data from my OSCAR days or maybe more days gathering more data or not suggested at all?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing in your OSCAR chart that implies any issues. In fact, things look quite grand. The description you gave of your O2 levels while a bit low does not imply any problems either.

It may simply be you need more time to get adjusted. There are numerous things you can try, but whether they will make any difference or not is questionable. For now you just need to crack on. 

Your use of CPAP has for the most part resolved any sleep apnea issues. What is left is sleep hygiene. Those are problems that are even harder to address.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reassurance, PL&P. I was just about to post a small update when I noticed your reply so that's good timing. My hospital has a walk-in clinic on Wednesdays so I went today and expressed my concern about my O2 levels as well as updated them on the stuff I've talked about in the thread. They ended up loaning me the ResMed Oximeter addon until Monday so they can get some accurate data as the watches are known to be unreliable. 

I'll post back on Monday with all the OSCAR days + O2 but in the mean time I have tickets to see the new Deadpool movie tomorrow so I'll wish you and the others a lovely week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a mini update. I'm still recording my OSCAR sessions and will post them Monday but I just got my F40 mask through so I'm excited to see how I take to that and even if it's just the same as the F20 for me in terms of overall stats I'll be happy to be able to wear my glasses with my mask on now Smile

P.S: Deadpool 3 was awesome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooof a very rough night with the F40. Had my highest AHI of 7.9 with it and while I'm almost sure I just need to tighten it/adjust otherwise for now I'll be going back to my F20 with the intention of trying the F40 again in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry in advanced but I'll do a few posts covering the last few days of OSCAR covering while I had the O2 addon for the machine which I have to return today to the hospital. I don't have the sleep report yet and will have to wait until the 12th of next month to get it at my next GP appointment. The lead length was very, very short so I had to sleep closer to the edge of my bed and it was uncomfortable at times when I do my regular waking up in the middle of the night as being careful of the hose and the short O2 lead was annoying.

For each day I've taken two screen captures one at the top and the other at the bottom showing the O2/HR information.

I would say overall the sleeps with the O2 monitor on were crappy overall maybe I was subconsciously thinking about it too much. For the 27th that's when as mentioned above I tried the F40 mask but I had it on badly as the AHI reflects that I've gone back to the F20 for the foreseeable future as I'd rather not mess with it for now while I get things dialled in. The final note I have is for the last night of data with decent AHI the O2 monitor fell off as I was going back to sleep so I had to reattach it so that drop to  84 didn't happen. I fell asleep with my mask on without starting the machine which is why the machine was started at 1:36AM. Ironically trying to get back with sleep hygiene so I put the mask on without connecting the hose while I listened to an audiobook but feel asleep.

OSCAR screens

OSCAR screens 2

Final OSCAR upload.

Post Reply Post Reply
Another 3 nights of data. 

I had an email from a sleep consultant that my O2 during the days it was being monitored by the oximeter addon were fine but I feel like that doesn't paint the full story since I wake up a lot during the night if I'm awake my O2 levels will be affected by my full breathing until I go back to sleep.

According to my watch my O2 dropped to 88% for 12 min last night so starting to stress and worry about that as I've never seen it that high before since starting CPAP. I did wake up sweaty too around the 2:10 mark where I turned the machine off to go to the toilet and relax for 10 min before going back to sleep. 

Followup call with the hospital that gave me the CPAP on the 6th.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to try CPAP mode to see if that helps with all the times I'm getting up in the middle of the night at the moment. To that end I would like some advice from you all if you can, please. Any tips beyond what I'd asked here would be appreciated too.

I'm going to do my research after this post but based on my thread what do you all think would be a good test point to gather data? 10CM? It seems when my AHI has been low my 95% has been below that - With or without EPR? I'm also going to research VCOM to see if it's a good idea.

Feeling a bit lost here as I struggle but I want to keep the good fight up. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 132 5,718 6 hours ago
Last Post: Abdulfakih
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,022 8 hours ago
Last Post: THEVGE
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 60 2,780 10-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LuminousOne Therapy Thread LuminousOne 31 1,660 10-14-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 127 5,709 10-13-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 3 237 10-12-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  johnnygz - Therapy Thread johnnygz 16 1,756 10-12-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: johnnygz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.