Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

longtime unsuccessful CPAP user needs help
longtime unsuccessful CPAP user needs help
Hi
I'm new to this board and would love some help (I didn't know this existed before today).

I have been using resmed airsense CPAP machines (first the 10 and now the 11) for almost 10 years and have been quite unsuccessful at using this therapy continuously through the night and for every night.  After many disturbed nights over the years, I have recently started to sleep in a separate room from my husband of 37 years which is really really sad.  He is a light sleeper and I am restless both due to CPAP usage and my various back issues which require me to turn sides during the night.

I am currently using the P10 nasal pillows mask and it is very comfortable for the first 6 hours but I have air escaping during the night (perhaps when I turn sides?) which wakes up my husband.  I use an XS size and am wondering if I should go up a size and/or play around with the airflow settings.  I have also used the Phillips respironics dreamwear mask and it is very comfortable but makes a lot of noise since the exhaled air goes up the sides of the mask and drives me a bit nuts.

I have tried N20 and a FFM but find it too claustrophobic.

Would love any help/advice.  Thank you.
Kay
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: longtime unsuccessful CPAP user needs help
Post some Oscars, so settings can be evaluated before focusing on mask issues. Follow the Oscar directions exactly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: longtime unsuccessful CPAP user needs help
hi
just learning about oscars. will use for a couple of nights and post. thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new user of cpap device AlmaKov 6 336 09-25-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 259 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR Ksquared716 3 286 09-19-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 496 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] New CPAP user looking for optimization advice rococo.orchid 6 345 09-04-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 852 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] New CPAP user trying to understand what Im doing crentiist 4 268 09-01-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: crentiist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.