Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Help, no more than 4 hours of CPAP
Help, no more than 4 hours of CPAP
Hi!
I’m currently on my third attempt in 5 years to use a CPAP, this time with a nasal pillows mask and mouth tape.
However, I’m struggling to keep the CPAP on for more than 4 hours of sleep.
I’ve also noticed some Central Apnea flags showing up in my reports.
My obstructions are palate, tongue, and epiglottis. Not to mention, I still feel tired despite having a low AHI.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings from Colombia

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help, no more than 4 hours of CPAP
There is nothing in the chart that would imply a problem. I would not suggest keeping fixed pressure, for now, at least until you have done a few nights of titration and found the pressures that work. 

Many stop/start CPAP therapy, for some it is due to improperly configured machines, incorrect mask for them, incorrect sizes of masks, etc. Nothing to be concerned about, but as you were prescribed a CPAP machine for specific reasons, best to keep trying to make it work.

Regarding the 4 hours +/-, do you recall have that problem when sleeping without the CPAP? It may happen without realising it, so if you use a smart watch during sleep it may have more clues. Sleep is a fragile ecosystem with small things causing big impacts on sleep quality.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, If I dont use the cpap I still wake up after 5 hours in avg.
With the cpap I wake up after 3 or 4 hours.
The machine is a cpap resmed 10 autosense. By the time I bough it I did not know the differente between apap-cpap-bilevel.
I have a Vibeat pulsioxymeter and oxygen never drops below 90.
What other info can I extract from the smartwatch ?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what I expected. We have many sleep issues BC (Before CPAP) that we only notice as a result of using CPAP.  Far too often folks blame CPAP therapy for their sleep problem, but when digging deeper we find out the issues were there long before CPAP usage. Your honesty is appreciated.

If you are open to it, I suggest trying the following for a few nights.

Mode APAP
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 12
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

This will allow the machine to adjust the pressure to find what works for you in that limited test. From there we can tweak in fixed or adjusting mode based on your preferences.

BTW, you bought one of the rockstars of the CPAP machine business. That machine should give you many years of usage and can easily be refurbed to make it last even longer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Need help with waking after 1-2 hours shrinkwrapped 2 109 Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Last Post: shrinkwrapped
  2 hours of bad AHI Martyapnea 0 67 Yesterday, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Martyapnea
  High Apnea for two hours Martyapnea 2 82 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Symptoms] Waking up every 3-4 hours with APAP gabitzu 6 278 09-15-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Gross Huge leaks after hours of low leaks JoeSierpinski 8 320 09-06-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 304 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Waking up after roughly 1.5-3 hours InNeedOfZZZ 7 458 08-22-2024, 01:45 AM
Last Post: InNeedOfZZZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.