Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Is CPAP right for me?
Question 
Is CPAP right for me?
Hi, my first post - very grateful for this forum, loads of great stuff in here.

Is CPAP right for me?  Here are the results of my original sleep study.  As you can see it is mostly hypopneas while on my back with a few obstructive and central.  The ENT surgeon said he doesn't think my ENT anatomy is causing it as it seems normal enough to him.

The thing is that while I am pleased with my saturations, there are hypopneas which exist regardless of pressure and there seems to be a lot of changes in pulse rate, and some of my symptoms still persist like tiredness etc.  So maybe BIPAP or something might work better?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is CPAP right for me?
Attached is my untreated sleep test result...

Attached is my untreated sleep test result...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, yes CPAP will help, however no offense, but you were undersold the second lowest ResMed CPAP, the Elite. It is a single pressure device. You would somewhat be better off requesting a swap with the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. I did say somewhat better, because of the Central Apnea it may be better with a bilevel of ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto or best answer due to the Centrals is the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That may well be the case, I will go back to the provider and discuss with them. They might do a swap... 

I've also noticed some flow limitation so will try the EPR and jiggle the pressure a bit. Though the centrals don't seem to be related to pressures, I haven't tried that in a while. Thanks ?
Post Reply Post Reply
In most cases, Centrals will trend into consistently inconsistent, as in up and down nightly despite no therapy setting changes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.