Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] MBRP experiences?
MBRP experiences?
Hi there, im new here!

I've been trying to get used to my CPAP for a while now, together with the help of my pulmonologist we're still trying to find the right settings for me.
It's been a challenge to say the least, and during this treatment i've also tried a MRA to advance my jaw forward but my jaw cannot take the strain.
This has been going on quite a while now and it doesn't seem that a CPAP will be the sole successful treatment for me.

With all the challenges in mind my doctors decided to see if i could be considered for an inspire implant, i was brought under and inspected but unfortunately this was a no.
Without getting into too much medical jargon which i don't understand either, my apnea is caused by my soft-palate which collapses in my sleep blocking my throat.

The option to remedy this is called a Modified Barbed Reposition Pharyngoplasty, i immediately went looking for what this meant for me, the only thing my doctor could assure me of is that this will be painful.  Fever
After some googling i found what this surgery actually means do but i was unable to find anyone who has actually experienced something like this

So i'm posting here in the hope that someone may have undergone a surgery like this and would be willing to share their experiences here.

Also, my apologies if some terms or sentences are odd, english is not my first language - regardless i hope you understand.

Kind regards,
Jonathan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Air Touch F 40 early experiences sleepingbetterinFl 14 678 06-17-2024, 11:52 AM
Last Post: brokensleep57
  My experiences with Fisher & Paykel ESON2 Nose Mask braindead 26 6,587 05-04-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: SergioB57
  [Equipment] Any personal experiences with BMC Luna GII 2.4 Auto Machine Yuley 6 5,605 04-24-2024, 06:01 AM
Last Post: suncho
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 1,362 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 759 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  Experiences with Cheyne Stokes? Jacklinn 4 1,055 12-26-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 1,003 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.