Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Newbie and oscar data
Newbie and oscar data
    Hello. I have been reading the forum for a while, although I have never participated.
Last night Oscar showed me this data and I decided to ask for your opinion. Can you help me interpret it? Is it good? It seems to me that there are many Apneas, but the AHI seems to be correct.
As optional information, I can say that I sleep with a cervical collar and use mouth strips to avoid air leaks through the mouth (there were many). I read this advice here, in the forum.
I hope you understand me. English is not my native language and I am using Google translator.
Thanks!

*** Moderator Note: Corrupted Image Removed ***

Images can not be hosted from a personal computer, or pasted directly into a post.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server, or use an image hosting service for all others.
Please read this link for further information: "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie and oscar data
Sorry for attaching the image incorrectly.
¡Gracias!
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing pretty good with your treatment.  I would raise your minimum pressure by 1cm for now and see if this will eliminate some of your apneas.   I would also lower your maximum pressure to perhaps 17cm, according to your charts you don't need any more pressure than that.  Also, although they are not too bad I would work on your leaks.  Leaks, even small ones can cause arousals.  The little cluster of apneas around 2:00AM may be Positional Apnea rather than pressure related.  Let's see how you do on the new settings then post some more charts.

Search the Apnea Board site for information on Positional Apnea. 

Welcome to the forum.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, Old Steve! I will try what you suggested and post the graphs!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. These are my charts after making the changes you advised. 

I don't know if the "high" number of apneas is related to the fact that I sleep on my back, due to my chronic back pain. To try to minimize it, I use a soft neck brace to prevent my jaw from sinking. I also use a relatively flat pillow, the shape, type and style of which are the ones I've read advised on the forum. 

To prevent leaks (which used to be a lot more), I use mouth strips. I can't tolerate full face masks or nasal pillows.

I wake up a lot during the night. I don't understand what I could be doing wrong.

Thank you very much! Greetings!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the main problem is sleeping on your back and leaks, although not major the leaks can still cause arousals due to the change in air volume.  What sort of tape are you using on your mouth, does it completely seal your mouth?  If the mouth tape has a slit or hole in it you can still have leaks coming from your mouth.  I use Cover-Roll stretch tape 2" wide from Amazon.com.  You charts, except for the leaks look like mine do if I sleep on my back.  I have had to learn to sleep only on my side, as a short pillow and a soft collar did nothing for me.  You could try raising your minimum pressure a little more and see if it helps.  Keep posting your charts someone else may see something that I am missing.

Good luck.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 9 359 3 hours ago
Last Post: sleepadventure
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 35 1,404 Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 13 226 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Sad [Treatment] Newbie: can't stay asleep longer than 1 hour with mask on KianaBeth 8 173 Yesterday, 12:44 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 13 407 09-16-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: citrus1
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 72 09-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 150 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.