Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Requesting Help With My APAP Therapy :)
Requesting Help With My APAP Therapy :)
Background: Hello!! I just started with my PAP therapy a week ago, I've been having trouble with my sleep for a while now, even though I'm only 22, and I've received many complaints of snoring and twitching in my sleep over the years. I finally got a sleep test done like a month ago, and I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, AHI of 15. I got my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset on 6/3, and I've been using it since.

Current State: I do feel better! I have more energy when I wake up, and my pretty bad anxiety has lessened a little, although not as much as I was hoping. My doctor has me on a pressure of 9-13, with EPR set to 3, and I turned the ramp off because it doesn't bother me too much. I also have my humidity at 4, and the tube temp at 81F, if that's relevant lol. My nostrils have been hurting quite a bit but I loosened the mask the last couple of nights and that has helped. I am worried about leaks but the mask fits pretty well, and lets me sleep on my side which is nice. Unfortunately, I have not had a night since I started where I have slept through the entire night, I always wake up at like 2-3am or something which honestly was not happening before I got my machine. I even took off my mask in my sleep last night, that's the first time I've done that. I hope if I am able to sleep the whole night that I will feel even better! (My dreams have also been so much more vivid, was not expecting that).

Request: Could you all help take a look at my OSCAR data and let me know what you think about further improvements? I've seen that getting the full sleep test report from the doctor is helpful sometimes, I can call my doc on Monday but they are closed over the weekend unfortunately. Let me know what you guys/gals think about further improvements, and if I could provide any more information that would be helpful. Thanks so much!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting Help With My APAP Therapy :)
To me things look quite grand. You have done a good job and it seems your doctor is a keeper. Most just give you a machine with the default settings and you are on your own.

Your CA’s are likely treatment emergent, but if they continue after four weeks or so, consider trying EPR=2.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting Help With My APAP Therapy :)
Sounds great, thanks! Will check back in in a month.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to APAP, do I have the right machine? Davileet 5 98 4 hours ago
Last Post: Davileet
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 5 253 10-05-2024, 04:07 AM
Last Post: indreams
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 354 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  CPAP/APAP data review Robert Detz 1 164 09-25-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 165 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 227 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  APAP VS AP Dynamic larrygreg 14 901 09-15-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.