Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does an overhead strap bother anyone else?
Does an overhead strap bother anyone else?
Hey again. Another silly question regarding headgear for full face masks. Presently I am using a Phillips Respironics DreamWear full face mask.  So far it is okay except for one huge issue, and that is the overhead connection. Have no idea why but it drives me nuts, it's odd I know. 
I bought this originally because I am a side sleeper and had no idea what I was buying, but I am wondering about the F20 in particular, which has an overhead strap but it appears to be positioned more dorsally than the DreamWear. 

My question is, is there a full face mask that doesn't "hug" or even have a top strap that works well? I am looking but the options seems overwhelming, and most guides choose the same two models with little other options.

Also, if you are using the ResMed F20, does the top strap bother you?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does an overhead strap bother anyone else?
You can get a pad for it. You can get pads for straps, joints, or pretty much anything on the mask. Soft and comfy.

I use Supplier 31. The pads are specific to the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does an overhead strap bother anyone else?
I've only used three FFM's and they have been the ResMed AirFit F20, F30, and now, the F40. 

All have an overhead strap, but that doesn't bother me at all. I think that's the most difficult part about CPAP Therapy. Finding that right mask that works well for you.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 166 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 271 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Chin strap question jake79 2 352 06-06-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Strap Alternative? LikeaGlove90 3 331 05-16-2024, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Vagal Atrial Fibrillation & ResMed F20 Strap Neck MoreBeers 48 4,763 05-07-2024, 07:21 AM
Last Post: MoreBeers
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 722 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 3,410 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.