Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tweak CPAP
Tweak CPAP
Hi All,

Just seeking minor guidance for adjustments on my CPAP Machine. First two months AHI ranged from highest of 2, to 0.11, now averaging between 0.5 to 2.

No mask seal issues with my P30i, though i do catch mount leaks once in awhile.  I generally sleep on my entirely. Huge improvement from AHIs of 17 during sleep study, no snoring whatsoever. Way more focus and being refreshed through day. 

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, particularly to reduce the average AHI to below 1.

Hopefully have all the required data in the pictures to follow. Thanks for all your help!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tweak CPAP
Your data looks great.  

However, the 95% flow limitation is a bit higher than we like to see.  We use EPR to try and lower it. You are already using EPR 3, so the next step would be is to raise the minimum pressure.

I suggest changing the minimum to 9cm.  Keep EPR set at 3.

I do have to add though... try not to focus entirely on the AHI as it is low already.  The focus should be on how you are sleeping and how you feel the next day.  

Repost in a day or two and let us know what you think.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tweak CPAP
Thanks for your quick feedback! Will see how changing the minimum affects my sleep.

And just to correct some of my typos: No mask seal issues with my P30i, though i do catch mount mouth leaks once in awhile.  I generally sleep on my side entirely. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 502 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 504 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  AirSense 11 settings to tweak to reduce central apneas? jsam 30 5,259 02-16-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jsam
Question Newbie seeking CPAP tweak suggestions crazednut 2 702 01-20-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Settings I Should Tweak? Antistan 5 1,180 10-14-2020, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Pretty Dialled in but minor tweak help please gcritchley 14 1,968 02-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Central & Obstructive - AHI always around 10 with ASV. Tweak Settings? My3rd3y3 9 1,848 01-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.