Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV]
RE: UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV]
To get your request 1 to work, as in prevent CA, the ResMed ASV will get you closer to the required target than Philips Respironics machines. The PR is a reactionary device, meaning it's doing to adjust after the event starts. ResMed will sense it's about to happen and step up therapy to eliminate CA to almost zero occurrences.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey there SarcasticDave ... thanks very much for your recommendation. Interestingly, I think it's one of the ResMed machines that some people have suggested may do a better job with UARS versus some of the other machines.
We are passing on the replacement for my son's recalled Philips machine because there appears to be a good chance it may not be supported by Oscar, so the ResMed is looking like a good option.

Appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Just bumping a recent post.  I got a recommendation for dealing with our first objective of eliminating centrals (get a new ResMed machine), which I will consider. 

In the meantime, it seems like we probably should move on to our second objective, which is to reduce my son's AHI which is currently above 20 most nights.

Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 11 573 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,001 414,337 Yesterday, 12:29 PM
Last Post: btreger
  TreatmenT emergent central apnea Stracky 9 223 09-25-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 881 67,140 09-25-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Class Action settlement for Philips recall… robsmuir 0 118 09-24-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: robsmuir
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 18 1,077 09-23-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Early waking, unrefreshed sleep, UARS? WinnerFieldman 1 176 09-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: WinnerFieldman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.