Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Used CPAP for months and still not feeling better
Used CPAP for months and still not feeling better
I feel like i've dialed in the settings and my AHI is very low consistently but I feel no better after about four months. Is there anything that stands out from my data to anyone? It's fairly consistent.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Used CPAP for months and still not feeling better
Your leak value is too high and it's coinciding with your breathing events. 
Try increasing your EPR which can help with leaks but you need to fix the mask or mouth leak issue which could he interrupting your REM. (Jaw can fall open during REM plus the increased events causing the machine to ramp up pressure would wake you up so you might be getting very minimal REM recovery.) Your AHI value shows low but most of your events could be during REM which are not seen due to waking. 
That's a really high respiratory rate I'm not sure if that's accurate so all that breathing effort can exhaust your energy. 
If there's minimal breathing events outside of those REM leak arousals then you could do well with a lower minimum pressure like 5 or 6 which would also reduce breathing energy used. The mask/mouth leak looks like the main problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
For any kind of settings advice, I’d recommend going with board monitors or administrators for guidance (sometimes, advisers can be good at this too: not me, however). These folks are handpicked for reliability and know-how. They personally use xPAP’s. I would venture to bet someone with those titles will be along soon.

I do notice, from the percentage number for “large leak”, your leaks are not that significant. Perhaps you scratch your nose in the night? When mine are momentary like yours, I’ve generally smacked my mask thinking it’s leaking (my mask sounds like it’s leaking when it’s not), jostled the mask when I move my head slightly, or, yep, got an itchy nose.

Is your mask seriously an F10? I had one of those back in the day, but I thought it went out of production a while ago.

Could you write the exact model and brand of your equipment in your avatar? It should be on the front of your unit. I find that xPAP units are named like cars: a name that sounds like a lot of other names and then a bunch of letters and numbers. So, it’s helpful if you specify the unit in your avatar, so readers can get an idea quickly. Same with the mask name.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the 99% leak is 20 that is fairly high as anything over 25 being the absolute maximum where at that time the machine is no longer able to sense and adjust itself properly. A value of 12 or below is recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 99.5 is a percentile and not percent. Based on the complete sleep session of 8 hours 52 minutes, this equates to 2 minutes 45 seconds at this leak rate.

I suggest that you read the links in my signature to learn about OSCAR.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile suggests that EPR is set at 1, ramp only. And yet, you have the ramp turned off. Thinking-about

If you really want to try EPR, set it to 2 (full time) and leave the ramp off. This will help you breathe out against the pressure and might actually result in less leaking.

If the EPR causes an increase in CA's, back off EPR to 1, but keep it at Full Time. Or if Obstructives occur, we can up the pressure a bit. Right now, I don't see a need for higher pressure, but let's gauge the effect of EPR first.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 8 months in and could still use help papjourney 1 68 11 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. Preparedinho 34 1,340 Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Last Post: 59Bugeye
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 140 12,641 09-06-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AHI looks good, but still feeling bad nh00 54 3,652 09-04-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps
  [Equipment] I Always Wake Up Feeling Like A Blowfish Kamryn 1 138 08-29-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Sad Still feeling like no sleep sloth123 2 156 08-25-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Using CPAP for 5 months, still struggling abzcpap24 4 279 08-23-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: abzcpap24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.