Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up feeling jittery with ASV
Waking up feeling jittery with ASV
Hello all!!
Last time I posted, I was struggling with the ASV I had received to replace my CPAP due to a high number of CSA events. A respiratory therapist through my medical provider adjusted it so that I could better tolerate it.

My settings are as follows:

Min  EPAP  4.0
Max  EPAP 8.0
Min PS  3.0
Max PS   14.00
Ramp 30 min.

I know from reading other posts that using the ramp not recommended, but I simply cannot fall asleep with the ASV without it.

The problem that I’m currently having is waking up feeling jittery after using it for a several hours. This jittery feeling stays with me  all day and I don’t feel like myself. What would be causing this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up feeling jittery with ASV
That max epap pressure is pretty low, was it higher than before and the therapist lowered it-we would need to please see an updated daily Oscar chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it was higher. I believe it was at 15. I can post my OSCAR data, but it will take me a bit to download.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, did you feel jittery too before they lowered it? Sure, take your time. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn’t able to use it at all until I the ramp was turned on. I simply could not tolerate it. I’ve tried turning it off and I still can’t, even with the new settings. I didn’t have that problem with the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you need the ASV then? I titrated on an auto bipap for awhile after moving off apap (dialed in) and I did feel strange, cpap was a breath of fresh air after moving off both apap and autobipap, and I've been able to sleep the longest with the lowest ahi/rdi with cpap mode. I was not diagnosed with any CSA so I tried different modes (machines) to see if I would feel more rested...
Post Reply Post Reply
I had very high CSA with the CPAP, although my OSA was very well controlled. I feel like the ASV is changing the way I breathe. Like I usually have a slow and steady breathing style, and I feel like my lungs are essentially getting a workout as I sleep. I think because they are. The ASV is a type of ventilator.
Post Reply Post Reply
What data am I supposed to include in the OSCAR report? I know there’s directions, but now I can’t find them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forget the exact method for finding it, but there should be an advanced daily detail that'll be fine. Or just go to detail daily, while you're looking at it, make sure events are at the top, then Flow Rate, go with mask pressure, Leaks. Skip the flow limit as ASV algorithm will probably leave this looking needful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave. I also need to update the info on my avatar. How do I do that? Can I do it on an iPhone?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling terrible ctenanthe 7 142 Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Keep waking up with heart racing and shaky chayes541 3 99 07-30-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Used CPAP for months and still not feeling better jarrod1893 5 132 07-30-2024, 06:35 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 3 950 07-26-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: redpackman
  DRY MOUTH WAKING ME MCS2014 13 1,865 07-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Filbert
  More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice! JustG 1 129 07-26-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] AHI looks okay, still feeling exhausted throughout the day Ragoo32 17 821 07-12-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Ragoo32

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.