Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weld3z - Therapy Thread
Weld3z - Therapy Thread
I'm having trouble understanding PS, when and why to use it, and whether the auto mode changes it if 0 is selected. Can you please explain why you start with 4!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting Out - ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto (bilevel) - What Settings To Use?
PS will be the difference between EPAP exhale and IPAP inhale.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We can achieve PS 3.0 using EPR on the Airsense Autoset CPAPs, so PS 4.0 is really definitive of a bilevel device. It works for most, and lets us assess if a higher or lower PS might be more appropriate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2024, 07:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We can achieve PS 3.0 using EPR on the Airsense Autoset CPAPs, so PS 4.0 is really definitive of a bilevel device. It works for most, and lets us assess if a higher or lower PS might be more appropriate.

I have bipap PS currently on 0 do I miss something in your opinion? 
I never play with the setting except for RAMP time 
Just finished my sleep study for new device using system one since 2015 can't add picture because new member.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, with out PS you have CPAP. Why bother? Please fill me in on why you have a bilevel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2024, 08:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sure, with out PS you have CPAP. Why bother?  Please fill me in on why you have a bilevel.

It says in the report Patient cannot tolerant Cpap so he was switched to Bi-Level I'm at 20/15 O2 reached 71%
I can try PS now and compare it but how wich number to choose?
Total sleep time 291 min 37 awaking 171 events 143 apnea 141 obstructive 2 mix 28 hypo 0 central AHI 82.7
TBH I talked to my doctor yesterday she said she'll fix all the setting on my new device after downloading Oscar and show her some examples but I need to wait until 29 for the therapy education and receive my new device.
When I saw the history PS was there but long time ago was 2.5 2.5 and 4.8 8.8 but in 2015!
Last time the only change was from 20/10 to 20/15

I can't change min PS only max!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Set device settings to Vauto mode. EPAP min 9.0 IPAP max 20.0 and PS 4.0. We can assess your results and refine. Your sleep study suggests 20/15 (PS 5.0) but with variable pressure we are starting at 13/9 to 20/16 (PS 4.0), and will try to guide you based on results. Whoever set up your machine was not paying attention.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2024, 08:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Yes. Set device settings to Vauto mode. EPAP min 9.0 IPAP max 20.0 and PS 4.0. We can assess your results and refine. Your sleep study suggests 20/15 (PS 5.0) but with variable pressure we are starting at 13/9 to 20/16 (PS 4.0), and will try to guide you based on results.  Whoever set up your machine was not paying attention.

Its on Vauto
The therapist told me I can't change something in your device!! Its old mabey he was trying to change the min PS it cannot move satayed at 0 but only the max!!
Thank you for your help check your DM please

My question does ps affect AHI I'm between 7-22
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Weld3z, do you mean you can't adjust PS in the menu? And yes it does affect AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2024, 09:06 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: Hi Weld3z, do you mean you can't adjust PS in the menu?  And yes it does affect AHI.

Yes only max PS can be adjusted please check the links for the latest Oscar and changes to the device and two apnea attacks.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j552xbtxp...c95qy&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3nsbhjk2z...42c5h&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/i9dxcogig...3wcmq&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/a2equ5onc...jc8qr&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lr5i01xap...65u3y&dl=0

Last study the therapist made changes to my device I compare the study date and changes made to the device. First link

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/40hdjm0sy...4p0o9&dl=0

Here is the latest study,

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xbbj1vq4s...vf20r&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pkwlt0gxj...mt2bf&dl=0

Waiting for Respiratory Therapy Education and receiving my new aircurve10, Dr. advised me that from what she saw it’s better than the 11 for me, was thinking about the Resmed app but after Oscar I really don't care.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 449 Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,822 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 251 Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,306 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,162 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 8 126 09-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Auroraborealis
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 51 2,950 09-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.