Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis?
Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis?
To begin...I LOVE OSCAR!!!
Unfortunately, it is over my head (doubt I'm alone). 
Consequently, too many of it's benefits go to waste.
Of course, much good come's from asking specific questions on this Forum, that's for sure.
Yet nothing can compare to an hour of one-on-one tutoring, so to speak, with an expert.
WHAT? you ask!  Could such a thing exist?
Yep, barely, or so it seems.
If you're wondering where to find one, well, me too.

On YouTube I have stumbled across 2 (CPAP Friend and LeftyLanky 27)

That's it.
Surely there must be 1000s of polysom....bodys who are willing to offer this service.
Surely there is a place where these gems are listed (and rated)?
Surely if not, such a place is begging to be created?
I can't help but wonder, would not this Forum, where the whole world comes for PAP help, be the best place to offer this benefit to It's users?
Does anyone else believe that this would be helpful?

-Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis?
Try this site, go to sleep consultation survives.

https://axgsleepdiagnostics.com/#

He is on youtube as leftylanky27

This is a video of him interpreting his father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgGioz2UqNw
Post Reply Post Reply
How many sleep apnea patients do polysomnography techs see every week?  Every month?  Every year?  At pure maximum it seems it would be 365 (if they did one every night and never took a day off).  So less than 365 a year.  They do probably research other sleep studies, etc. also for knowledge.  

How many new OSCAR charts are posted here every day?  It varies, but lets just say ten conservatively.  10 per day = 3650 per year.  Multiply that by many years (say 10) and get 36,500 OSCAR charts.  

We have a "search" archives here at ApneaBoard also which can access even more OSCAR charts, etc.  

Some people like one on one 30 minute or hour long single sessions.  Here a person can get multiple suggestions on OSCAR for no cost.  

I have seen some videos on LankyLefty 27 and CPAP Friend.  I like them both and think that they genuinely try their best to help people with sleep apnea.  Your opinions may vary here.  

But there are numerous experts here at ApneaBoard that I would personally contact first regarding my sleep apnea treatment.  (I hypoventilate along with having sleep apnea, so my RT has helped me a lot in this area since this is her expertise from her medical training).

Edit:  also every day or so a person uploads their sleep study.  So probably less than 365 sleep studies per year can be viewed here at AB also.  Say 200 x 10 years = 2000 sleep studies reviewed during that time. Quite a bit.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. I think most folks find they get more and better help here than anywhere else. I know I have.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with all the above. I used LankyLefty after my first 6 months and he was incredibly helpful. I highly recommend him. This board has helped tremendously, folks here have gone over many screens of my OSCAR data and have given great advice.

I would recommend both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Sir, for your reply.  It give me hope!

Admittedly, I am embarrassed to post on the Forum for help with a problem for fear of feeling [even more] stupid.  As, for example, I did after my recent post for help resolving 'static' flow rate, and, following suggestions to 3 nights' data to adjust settings [advice followed], no more advice was forthcoming even though I kept asking which way to turn next.

So I am delighted to hear the Forum offers this feature of which I am not aware.
But, please, Sir, how is that feature evoked?
What do I enter, and where, to search the Forum for Oscar charts in hopes of finding one that mirrors the problems faced?
Because, I am equally embarrassed to admit, that, after reading your response, I spent hours yesterday looking everywhere, but found neighter where nor what.

Respectfully, 
I remain,

PappaJoe
Post Reply Post Reply
You just start a thread and post your OSCAR charts and there are plenty of people who help with advice here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestion.
Enjoyed video of Dad's evaluation.
No doubt Lefty is good, as is CPAP Friend.
The comments on their videos prove people find them good.
So good, in fact, we should expect them to become backlogged as word spreads.
I think it would be a good thing to have a wider field.
Can't hurt.
And with the internet we can find that wider field.
A field perhaps reviewed and rated.
But shouldn't it be located somewhere people would look?

Allow me to share a recent (sort of related) experience:
My insurance recognizes only 1 sleep doctor around here.
Saw him last week following a sleep study he had prescribed.
I told him someone had given me an AirCurve 10 Vauto and knew how to adjust pressure.
Looking at the study results, he said:  Set Inspiration to 12, Expiration to 3. Make an appt for 3 months.
And hustled off to the next patient.
I asked for a copy of the study.  It recommended CPAP, 12 with EPR at 3!
A little competition could help this guy.

Respectfully, I remain,
PappaJoe
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! You make my point.

Respectfully, I remain,
PappaJoe
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Okay, I'll try again.

Respectfully, I remain,

PappaJoe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Analysis SearchForPanacea 2 81 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  EDS Help- OSCAR Analysis OSAsucks 8 243 10-02-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Xboxrrod Analysis Dreamstation BIPAP Xboxrrod 5 291 09-14-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  Help me find correct pressure? Wwvx 4 271 08-15-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 409 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 594 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 354 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.