Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why does my flow rate line thickness vary?
Why does my flow rate line thickness vary?
...so yeah, I'm sure there's a better way to put it, but it should be clear what I mean from my screenshots. Each night my flow graph zoomed out is either really thick or thin and I was just curious as to why that is? All my stats are very good, my treatment is really effective and I can't find any correlation between my stats and the flow graph thickness. my mask also seals well with virtually no leaks with a nice and flat leak rate graph each night. So i was just curious what it means, is one better or worse than the other?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why does my flow rate line thickness vary?
see the axis on the left? on the first one says 65 the other 250 which explains why it's thinner. not exactly sure why the scale changes but it might be due to that brief leak.

the actual value is very similar in both cases.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why does my flow rate line thickness vary?
You can override the Y-axis range and make your graphs more consistent. Just right-click on the vertical axis of the graph near the title, and change the range from auto to a range like -100 to +100, or whatever is appropriate for you. The range -65 to +65 looks pretty good. You can also add a dotted line at zero. That will make the crossover between inspiration and expiration easier to visualize.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Heart rate spikes SleeplessKnight 12 308 07-25-2024, 03:10 AM
Last Post: SleeplessKnight
  [Treatment] Flow limitations and minor breathing changes kevinonasv 7 278 07-24-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Shouldn't flow limit always precede OA events? NoddingHacker 2 522 07-24-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Pablomc
  Help with diagnosing flow rate Babshill 4 156 07-24-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Sudden Unexplained Increase in Leak Rate lygodia 9 402 07-22-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: lygodia
Question [Equipment] New here! Need help with flow limits and dialing in settings! JustG 6 288 07-18-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: JustG
  [Treatment] What should a normal heart rate graph look like during sleep? vHungry 7 327 07-17-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.