Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bridge of nose was destroyed last night
bridge of nose was destroyed last night
ok, not destroyed, but seriously dented. i obviously overtightened the mask. i was trying a new one and it didn't go well.

my usual mask is another one that requires bridge of the nose anchoring. i don't have any nasal pillows style masks to try until this gets better. 

is there anything (band aid, etc) that i can put on the affected area until it heals up? i don't want a callous on my nose bridge. i do have kinesiology tape, too.  

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bridge of nose was destroyed last night
That's not good, the mask should float on your face, not be tightened down like a gas mask in the trenches...

Why is your min pressure at 6.6cm? That could be the culprit for you wanting to overtighten the mask-use bagbalm though.
Post Reply Post Reply
those numbers are incorrect. i'm on cpap @ 10.8. and yes, the mask was way overtightened. it was a new mask attempt. 

i'll just putt a band aid on it and wear my regular mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could also try a small gauze pad on that spot if the band aid is too thick and "bumpy" and causes a leak.  I hope it works out.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks. good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please recommend a facial mask that doesn't touch the bridge of the nose. Asjb 5 161 10-01-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Asjb
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 300 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nose congestion and UARS Jstalez 14 899 09-08-2024, 07:07 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Equipment] Evora Nose Mask - Help Agostino 1 207 09-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Rhinitis (runny nose) OlWobbly 1 234 08-12-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  mouth tape and nose pillow OR full face mask, pros and cons? SeePak 19 1,123 07-30-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Nose sore (exterior) Whacked 2 308 06-17-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.