Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

is this flow limitation?
is this flow limitation?
hi guys, ive been on cpap for 2 weeks now and my flow limitations seem to be under control, but my breaths dont seem very regular and im still having issues with fatigue although it is better now. (i was diagnosed with uars and didnt sleep well with apap which is why im using cpap with epr 3). are there any changes to my settings that i could do to improve my symptoms?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is this flow limitation?
Almost every breath shown is inspiration flow limited. Most are not enough to show up in the FL counter, but they are there. Look at the slope of the peak at the inspiration to expiration transition, almost all are flattened or show a downwards slope, both indicative of flow limitations.

My thinking is the settings are wrong for you. If you want to stay on fixed you need to titrate and find a proper pressure first. If you want to keep using fixed and guess at what will work, just keep adjusting things until something happens.

To titrate, try the following settings.

Mode APAP
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 15
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

After a night or two post some OSCAR charts and folks can help fine-tune things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 112 13,262 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  What else causes flow limits? StevesSp 6 926 09-26-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 186 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 385 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 397 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 267 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Flow limit and pressure hobway 8 415 09-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Jlmerlav

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.