Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed
RE: Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure.
No, my first night using my Resmed 10 was that day, yes. And yes that day, I only had it on two hours but looking at my graph and my other images I have posted, you can see my results that I've been wearing it everyday since then.

I think you confused yourself and merged my threads when it wasn't needed. It happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help to find a good Resmed 10 pressure.
(04-13-2024, 07:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have no idea what that last post was for, but it was about 100 lines of nonsense code, so I deleted it.

Take EPR to setting 3 and leave minimum and maximum pressure as-is.  Events are low, but flow limits tend to be high and result in a lot of changes in pressure.

If this was your first night on therapy, your Oscar chart shows only 2-1/2 hours of therapy, and there are therapy sessions back to March 31.  I suspect you started a new thread, and I'm off to go merge your other thread.
So what settings would you reccomend? I do still need help with this. Going off my Oscar data and the 95% pressure, I changed my settings to 11 to 13 with an EPR of 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: johnathanb76 - Therapy Help Migrating to a Resmed
I've changed the title of your thread to, "johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed".
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed
Thanks buddy!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I was indeed confused, so let's start with your graph asking for better settings.  Your CPAP time indicates you are sleeping from about 05:00 to 19:00 (5:00 AM to 7:00 PM), about 13 hours.  Since this crosses the noon hour, it appears as two graphs.  If you clock is wrong, we can correct that, or leave it as-is.  It appears you started with a pressure of 8-11 without EPR and moved to 10-14 with EPR 1.  The flow limits are what makes pressure bounce around so much, so we want to find a comfortable minimum pressure and use EPR 3.  I'm going to suggest minimum pressure 9.0 maximum pressure 12.0 and EPR full-time at setting 3.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=62643]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Ill try these settings. But I don't really sleep 13 hours lol, I get off work at 1:30 AM and go to bed around 4:30AM, sometimes 7AM depending on the day. Last night I switched my settings to 11-13 with an EPR of 3 and it worked out pretty well. Didn't wakeup as much. I'm just unsure if I can do an EPR of 3 at 9 lowest since anything below 9 makes me feel like I'm suffocating on exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm fine with trying 8.0 as a minimum pressure. In reality with EPR, you are getting 9.0/6.0 (inhale/exhale) pressure. At 8.0 minimum you get 8.0/5.0. Either is fine and will be responsive. In the graph above, your median pressure was 9.5/9.0, so I was actually reducing that. Start at 8.0 minimum with EPR 3 and make the maximum 11.0. With EPR, you won't even need that maximum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the help, it is greatly appreciated getting this help for sure. Ill definitely try this!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LyndMc - ResMed 11 Therapy Help LyndMc 14 512 09-29-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 11,541 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  ResMed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave therapy - need help skyman77 5 1,096 09-13-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions KC2684 4 675 03-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Spetzal's ResMed therapy spetzal 1 434 12-17-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: spetzal
  Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar Lorrubdb 395 23,848 06-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lorrubdb
  Resmed Airmini Therapy Data available? spacemanspiff 7 4,731 05-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.